CRF Rally - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

CRF Rally

VD is reporting that the CRF250 Rally will be heading to production...!!!

(but it might just be cosmetic)

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...ion/28408.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2015, 01:27 PM

Being just cosmetic can be a good thing since some people will just want the look without a real need for the changes in how it rides.

Plus we have to factor in what sort of cost the crowd can absorb, and just being cosmetic makes it easier to absorb the extra cost.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 11:29 AM

If anyone needs more power, someone managed to stick a CBR500R engine into a CRF250L frame which the CRF250 concept was based off of.

Will anyone get a rally after buying an AT?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullThrottle View Post
If anyone needs more power, someone managed to stick a CBR500R engine into a CRF250L frame which the CRF250 concept was based off of.

Will anyone get a rally after buying an AT?
Not me... depending on what the final production model of the CRF250 Rally looks like, I may just decide to buy one instead of the Africa Twin.

As someone who rides more than 90% off-road, I don't think I want to wrestle a 500+ lb. bike like the AT around in the woods on tight, slow technical trails. My XR650L, at 325 lbs. is a bit too heavy for that kind of riding, so I can't imagine I'll be happy with the 500 lb. Africa Twin.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 08:15 AM

I have a 690R and it's likely the best handling of the bigger thumpers that I have ridden and it's still a bit of a beat on tight single-track. My R1200GS won't even come close to being the slightest but spry on single-track, so the speeds are a lot slower, which doesn't mean that it's bad.
I can see the AT being right between the two, especially with such a thin center profile. With the right tires, I bet it will be fun to toss around on the single-track, albeit not as fun as a smaller thumper, or especially something like the 501 or 500 EXC.
I see the AT as the bike that can travel and take on those dirt/gravel roads you pass while road riding. My KTM 950 was a fabulous bike off-road when you stood up on the pegs and I bet that the AT will be equally, if not, more capable and best of all, there will be dealership support close by, no matter where I ride. That means the world.
Now I will likely sell both the GS and the 690R and have 1 bike. Oh yeah, and get rid of the Versys, which is such a fun, simple bike.
Peace from Florida

Jim in West Palm Beach

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page