sadly i need to leave this site - its been fun... - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 7Likes

post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Hi Kevin - nope its not changed a thing from this end - i've just had to use task manager to close firefox as its completely locked my machine (which is a top end i7 graphics laptop which runs autocad all day). It really is a shame as I want to use the site but its just so irritatingly slow and full of adverts that keep trying to open and roll.
I know thats not good to hear but its killing it for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Garage
hey there,

lets see if we can get you sorted.
most hang ups are caused by a few things:

- cache build up of data trying to load in place of new stuff that may have been fixed. do a cache clear for everything to see.
- a malware piece has piggy backed, do a full malware clean up as well.
- check if your flash plugin and shockwave are acting up. either by uninstalling it, disabling it, and also checking hardware acceleration in your browser to see if that adjustment helps as well.
- another good thing that helps is cleaning the hard back end with a disk clean up of all the temporary files. sometimes things love to hide there and cause issues.

lemme know if any of those help with performance so we can see if that sorts things out.
ive had similar issues like that before. it was usually on heavy flash supported areas on websites. it seemed sporatic but isolated the issue to those things to fix it up.

lemme know how it goes.

~Shane
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 12:27 PM

It is possible to run a really good forum with contributions from members and no advertising, just go to the NC700 forum for proof. Its brilliant and the people on it are as friendly a bunch as you could want. Never had so many friends i've never met!!

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 04:02 PM

Perhaps try a different browser if you haven't already ?
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 04:30 PM

Garage
Never once had any issues of any sort. The site is fast and loads instantly, glitch-free. Even with all the ad content.

Oh, and I use Chrome.
gasman, sybjer and AussieTwin like this.

Current:
'15 KTM Duke 390

Past:
'03 Kawi Z1000
'95 Honda VFR750S
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 03:47 AM Thread Starter

well Firefox hates the site so I am checking all my flash updates etc clearing cache etc but it still runs like you know what
dont have trouble with any other sites or forums etc weird
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub Architecture View Post
well Firefox hates the site so I am checking all my flash updates etc clearing cache etc but it still runs like you know what
dont have trouble with any other sites or forums etc weird
Hey there,

Do you by chance have any plugins/addons installed in your browser?
I know it may seem like a pain, but if you try un-installing them, and running the browser to see how it reacts without the plugins, that may clear things up.

If you do not have any plug ins, are you able to replicate these issues in another browser?

Richard.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 01:23 PM

Hello,

I have the same issue - very slow response of this forum.
I'm browsing with safari on MacBookAir.

Regards,

R.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

Hi - update for you guys. Been working for two hours this morning on thi smachine using all sorts of sites and checked out UKGSER forums also and the first time i went into this AT FOrum it locked my machine again, restarted then tried again and its making my machine run like its stuck in hot tarmac. Sorry guys, I gave it a shot. #unhappy to have to leave
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-10-2016, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hi,

Hub Architecture, what version of Firefox are you using? I'm on Firefox, iMac OS X Yosemite, and I have yet to have the site lock up my system. Can you please try viewing the site in Private Browsing mode (Shift+ Command+ P) and see if you still get the lock up happening.

I also tested on Safari with no issues there either. Aeromanas, can you too do the same with Safari (Shift+Command+N). Also, if you can, please pay attention to the status bar and let us know if you notice the site hanging on loading something specific before it locks up.

~Sheena

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page