Used CRF1000LD near San Francisco CA $14.9K - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Used CRF1000LD near San Francisco CA $14.9K

Not mine - just saw it on Craigslist: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/5858533212.html

Has 4400 miles, and $2000 in Touratech farkles. Strangely, seller lists trunk and saddlebag MOUNTS, but evidently no trunk or saddlebags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 11:02 AM

This posting has expired.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2016, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

So it has. Here's a manual AT for $14.5K near Sacramento: http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/5870144875.html

San Francisco craigslist has a very short listing period and the seller didn't cancel the ad. He will likely re-post his ad.

It hadn't expired when I did my post and I left the page open. So I copied the text:

"I'm considering selling my new Africa Twin. Might also consider a trade for a KTM 1190 Adventure R. It's the silver one with the DCT (dual clutch transmission). It has 4400 miles on it as of right now but I'm still riding it. If you're interested or want to know more, shoot me an email with a phone number and I'll get back to you ASAP.

The extras include:
Honda OE Center Stand $200
Touratech Pannier Racks $400
Touratech Top box Rack $200
SWMotech Hand Guards $210
SWMotech Skid Plate $300
Touratech Upper Crash Bars $280
Touratech Lower Crash Bars $160
Shinko E804/5 Tires $180
Touratech Suspension Kit $350
----------------------------------------------
Total of $2280

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2016, 01:38 AM

i talked to him before I bought my bike. At a lower price I might have bought it. But I bought a new bike instead.

He's not original owner, and IIRC it has an out of state title in original owner's name. He told me they're all 50-state bikes, which means it would be legal to register here if the emissions sticker can be found, but it would need inspection.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidji View Post
i talked to him before I bought my bike. At a lower price I might have bought it. But I bought a new bike instead.

He's not original owner, and IIRC it has an out of state title in original owner's name. He told me they're all 50-state bikes, which means it would be legal to register here if the emissions sticker can be found, but it would need inspection.
I'd say you made the right choice. This quote from Honda NA site: "
Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment" suggest it may not be CA smog compliant.

Plus, accessories don't usually add as much value to a used bike as they cost the seller, but they do make it more salable over another used bike without the farkles. This seller doesn't seem to understand that principle.

BTW, it's back but the ad will expire in a day or two: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/5877154747.html

Last edited by JustPlainBill0; 11-21-2016 at 10:24 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page