Size:	367.0 KB
ID:	8938  

Drum Dog and Derek Dust like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 12:13 AM

Your bike looks stunning in black.
We can't get that colour in NZ.
The next batch due in October are the red tri-colour for the ABS manual and the white tri-colour for dual clutch model.
Mine red one will be one of the October batch.
Hopefully Honda will have sorted the spoke corrosion showing up on some, not all, bikes.
Enjoy the new toy.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnysneds View Post
SWMotech Crash Bars
SWMotech Skid plate
SWMotech Centre Stand and skid plate extender
SWMotech TRAX EVO/ Adventure Luggage
Check the assembling of the crossbar and the left crash bar (left side of the bike) where the black screw is (cannot see if in the right side it's like that as well). By the picture it seems it's not right assembled. See image attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AT.png
Views:	99
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	8970  

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 12:15 PM

Really like those skid plates ! The whole bike just looks real good man. Anything next ?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarrilho View Post
Check the assembling of the crossbar and the left crash bar (left side of the bike) where the black screw is (cannot see if in the right side it's like that as well). By the picture it seems it's not right assembled. See image attached.
Hi - you may be right. It looks like I have the cross bar ends (front of the radiator) the wrong side of the attachment lugs. Well spotted that man. It does actually sit more naturally into the lugs, the way the metal is bent and formed into a kind of holder for the bar ends the way I have it. So according to the drawing it's wrong but according to common sense it's right. Why would the lugs be shaped that way?!?!

Cheers for pointing that out. Will look into it further.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Take the blue plastic off the logos

JasonWD.com - Silver DCT No.000011 -Complete Trans America Trail '16. Check the blog.
Please add your location to your stats!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffTrack View Post
Really like those skid plates ! The whole bike just looks real good man. Anything next ?
Thanks for the kind comments. I actually really wanted a tri-colour but not available ins DCT where I live so black it was. And you know what I'm blown away by the looks of the black DCT with the accessories on it so far.
After scrubbing away the rubber in the stock tyres I'll change to some more dirt orientated knobbies. I've got a Zumo 595LM on the way which will get mounted above the dash. All accessories will be supplied via a Centech AP-2. I see someone else have the great idea of installing this in the left hand side tool carrier beside the battery so that's where it going.
MRA short black screen on its way. The stock screen just causes too much turbulence around my helmet area. Either taller screen or short and let the helmets aerodynamics work, I went with the later as its really hot where I am and sitting behind a tall screen well protected from the wind makes me sweat a lot. I found this out on my multistrada.
Trying to get a hold of the SWMotech top box is difficult and will have to wait another month or so for that.
Going to modify (bend) the left hand parking brake so it can be used while riding. Hopefully someone will come up with a more practical approach, master cylinder, braided hose linked into the rear hydraulics.

Some proper hand guards, still deciding on these.

Aesthetically all I think it needs is something with the wheels. Rim pin stripes just to bring it out a bit.

Further down the line I like the look of the terminogni full system. I've seen someone who has modified the angle of the can at the rear so it points more upwards and looks great. Only issue I have with installing a full system is the fueling will most likely go more lean. I don't have any dynos or tuners where I live so would be relying on something like power commander with down load able maps which is never ideal. So will hold off on the tuning for a while until I research this further. The little that I have rode the bike so far I have noticed slight snatchiness in the throttle response at lower rpms and I believe this is due to factory lean fueling for passing emissions.

Cheers
Johnny
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWD View Post
Take the blue plastic off the logos
Haha ok on the crash bars you mean, on it!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 01:08 AM

Hi Barry,

I've had my DCT since early July and no problems with the spokes.
Have traveled 5500km and no problems.
Enjoying getting off the sealed roads and riding the gravel roads that take you up into the high country down here in Canterbury.
Still waiting on my Touratech quick release top box (38L) to arrive (hopefully next month).
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 02:22 AM

Garage
I did the exact same thing with my SW-MOTECH crash bars when fitting, luckily I spotted the mistake just before I tightened things up. It does feel intuitive to do it that way. I wouldn't of noticed from your pics though. Left my plastic on the logos for quite a while too! (Unintentionally)

If you are ever fitting aux lights SW-MOTECH make a nice bracket set that bolt straight on to those threaded lugs on the front of the crash bars. They have two types, but one is specific to their bars. You end up with a very clean mounting platform for any manufacturers light.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page