Press Release: Akrapovič Goes on Its Adventures with the Africa Twin - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rory

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Press Release: Akrapovič Goes on Its Adventures with the Africa Twin

06. April 2016

Akrapovič has released an exhaust specially designed for the all-new Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin that will add even greater freedom and enjoyment wherever riders’ adventures take them.

The Akrapovič Slip-On Line (Titanium) was created to embrace the rigours and challenges that the Africa Twin is designed to tackle. Constructed from lightweight, durable titanium alloy, the Slip-On Line exhaust is the perfect accompaniment to a machine that aims to conquer mountains, deserts, rock, sand, and everything in between – including the urban jungle. The uniquely designed double-flow muffler is a combination of a hexagonal shape and a more classic rear endcap, giving the appearance of an exhaust that means business wherever it may roam.

With a design inspired by Akrapovič-equipped cross-country rally-winning motorcycles – including rallies in Africa, the continent that gave birth to Honda’s iconic machine – the Slip-On Line is every bit an exhaust that has been developed under the harshest and most gruelling of conditions. With its durable titanium muffler sleeve and robust carbon-fibre clamp, this is an exhaust designed with adventure in mind. This EC/ECE type-approved exhaust also provides a performance increase at lower and higher revs – where an adventure bike needs it most – fully designed to provide a smoother and improved ride.

Akrapovič’s sound engineers have created a deeper more enriching sound for the Slip-On Line, which uses the best characteristics of the Honda’s 270° twin-cylinder engine. Enhancing the engine’s pulsating beat, the Slip-On Line will deliver a rewarding and enjoyable feeling no matter what landscape the rider is tackling. This beautiful and rewarding exhaust is a simple plug-and-play easy installation – without any need for remapping – and comes with full instructions.

The Akrapovič Slip-On Line (Titanium) is an exhaust designed to take on whatever adventure comes its way, and it is the perfect accompaniment to get the very best from the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	253f6eb8e6a14342a6ac34a045c6824b_HIRes.png
Views:	198
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	3833   Click image for larger version

Name:	f3c80e5382f34f83a6368fa8bd7e0c90_HIRes.png
Views:	155
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	3841  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 05:11 PM

Ah - a marketing release! Identifiable through a complete and utter lack of detail.

More power, more torque and less weight. Marvellous.

Looks quite nice though.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 05:35 PM

Kinda expensive..... I like it tho'. Will there be headers to follow ?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 06:09 PM

I've never bought a slip-on so I don't know what you expect to pay for one? I've found a place that does this one for £630 which seems ok-ish. But as I'm clueless on what to pay....
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 08:24 PM

The Akrapovic importer in Australia told me AUD 1200, so that lines up with the 2 to 1 equation to the Pommie Quids we have become accustomed to.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 05:25 AM

Bit more info and some more pictures:

https://www.akrapovic.com/#!/motorcy...84&yearId=4271

Similar gains and weight-loss to other slip-ons - presumably there's a limit to what you can do with just a slip-on.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yromulus View Post
I've never bought a slip-on so I don't know what you expect to pay for one? I've found a place that does this one for £630 which seems ok-ish. But as I'm clueless on what to pay....

Akras are well built but pricey and I couldn't justify adding one to a bike I will take on dirt. I paid 389 euros for my Remus titanium on ebay including shipping and am very happy with it.

2016 Tricolor DCT
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 08:17 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Ad Venture View Post
Akras are well built but pricey and I couldn't justify adding one to a bike I will take on dirt. I paid 389 euros for my Remus titanium on ebay including shipping and am very happy with it.
I did the same and am totally happy , did the insert mod , all good !
True Ad Venture likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 12:27 PM

If I was only going to add a slip-on, I'd be very tempted with the Akra....it looks like it is integrated with the plastic cover better than any other slip-on. But.....I will more than likely go for a full system, and the Akra looks to have a deeper profile, so I think a Termi still has my full attention.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page