Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 7Likes

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo View Post
Wouldn't it be cool if this was a new CRF650L single?? That would justify knobbies and the exhaust a lot more than the 1000.
Just out of curiosity - why would a 650cc bike be more "worthy" of knobbies and aftermarket exhaust than a larger displacement bike

I have decided that my Tricolor DCT is deserving both a full race system Termignoni and Motoz knobbies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozav8r View Post
Just out of curiosity - why would a 650cc bike be more "worthy" of knobbies and aftermarket exhaust than a larger displacement bike

I have decided that my Tricolor DCT is deserving both a full race system Termignoni and Motoz knobbies
Most experienced dirt riders consider weight to be "the enemy" and the Africa Twin is carrying at least 165 more pounds more than the current XR650L dual sport model (346 lbs. curb weight). So on that count, it would benefit more (as in being "more dirt worthy") from knobbies and a high performance exhaust than the AT. That's all. I don't think there's anything personal intended. Go ahead and load your deserving Tricolor DCT (536 lbs?) up with knobbies and exhaust and see if you can keep up with the XR or CRF
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlainBill0 View Post
...Go ahead and load your deserving Tricolor DCT (536 lbs?) up with knobbies and exhaust and see if you can keep up with the XR or CRF
Hm... maybe he can:

http://www.touratech.com/es/vista-un...6892ae2f665dce
Grondpaaie likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page