Honda Africa Twin Delays May Continue After Earthquake - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 2Likes

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 03:33 PM

A few Honda Powersports dealers across the US have started to receive Africa Twin's over the last 2 weeks.

Check with your local Honda dealership to see if they are a "Powersports dealer", you just might get lucky.

And... don't forget to pre order your Akrapovic Slip-On for your new bike! Header kit coming soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 03:44 PM
NBV

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 12:10 PM
NBV

2016 Honda Africa Twin USA Shipment Delay | UPDATE June 28th 2016

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2016-ho...otorcycle-news

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBV View Post
2016 Honda Africa Twin USA Shipment Delay | UPDATE June 28th 2016

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2016-ho...otorcycle-news

Thanks for sharing my link NBV!

Hopefully the info helps at least a person or two out there...
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 04:31 AM

Hi Kevin HondaPro, perhaps you can tell us something more on that issue about the heated grips that don't heat at all. Any news on that?
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart de mare View Post
Hi Kevin HondaPro, perhaps you can tell us something more on that issue about the heated grips that don't heat at all. Any news on that?
Nothing 'official' so-to-say but Honda has pulled them to where we can't order them. It's not like anything they typically do either with a backorder where there isn't an FRD or where they'll give an FRD etc. They have just flat out pulled them to where they can't be ordered and I've tried every day for the last two weeks. Honda's parts division doesn't handle accessories as the sales side covers them and they've got no info that I can say at this point publicly. I may be reading to much into it but if there's a problem with a large number of them, then this would make sense with the current ordering problem as something may be in the works. Can't say 100% at this exact moment though. Sorry I'm not of more help on that topic but I'm still digging and once I have more and something that I can post publicly without getting in deep water I'll throw up a blog post to help spread the word.
bart de mare likes this.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 07:02 AM

Seems strange that Honda would remove the product from sale and not inform the dealers with a bulletin of some sort?
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
Seems strange that Honda would remove the product from sale and not inform the dealers with a bulletin of some sort?
Strange indeed... If something is wrong with them then Honda is on the ball and will release an update very soon. It's a rarity to have any sort of problem when it comes to Honda's "Genuine / Signature Accessories". I'll post an update as soon as I have something more concrete.
bart de mare likes this.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2016, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaPro Kevin View Post
Strange indeed... If something is wrong with them then Honda is on the ball and will release an update very soon. It's a rarity to have any sort of problem when it comes to Honda's "Genuine / Signature Accessories". I'll post an update as soon as I have something more concrete.
Any news on the corroding spokes issue after a few hundred miles ????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page