Carbon fibre Fender Extener/Huggars - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Carbon fibre Fender Extener/Huggars

Has anyone fitted carbon Fiber Fender Extenders or Huggars.Are they needed to keep certain areas of bike a little cleaner.Any advice on best brands to get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Has anyone heard of Blueball engineering from Spain.they do carbon fibre fenders for most brands.Anyone buy from them and were ye satisfied with item and service.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 12:48 AM

I'm curious to hear people's feedback, too. I have a tough time believing they would do anything but keep a bit of road water and grit off the bike and may actually be more troublesome if you get mud under there.

Thoughts?

__
1984 Honda VF500 Interceptor, 2016 CRF250L, 2016 CRF1000L Africa Twin
__
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." Robert Louis Stevenson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 01:58 AM

Garage
As explained to me at a Horizons Unlimited meeting a number of years ago, the largest advantage to a front fender extender is that you will have a lot fewer flats on your rear tire. The extender keeps many of the objects you hit with the front time from impacting the rear tire, so less rear tire flats.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

That's interesting Old Can,not hear that b4.hv u Huggars or front extender fitted to yr AT????
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Can Ride View Post
As explained to me at a Horizons Unlimited meeting a number of years ago, the largest advantage to a front fender extender is that you will have a lot fewer flats on your rear tire. The extender keeps many of the objects you hit with the front time from impacting the rear tire, so less rear tire flats.
Fender extender sales people have obviously had some Zig Ziglar training. In particular "Secrets of closing a sale" please!.
superfunkomatic likes this.

The Burger.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Can Ride View Post
This I would agree with. Just ordered the Bluebird extender here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fibre...3D272522055998

I've got them on a couple other bikes also. Nice product.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
Has anyone heard of Blueball engineering from Spain.they do carbon fibre fenders for most brands.Anyone buy from them and were ye satisfied with item and service.
Yeah I bought one for my NC750X - excellent quality but it took a long time to come. I am confused about the Spain thing because I ordered it through them as a Birmingham UK address I think and yet I was told they were made in Spain.
Anyway it looks much nicer than the ABS plastic one I had already bought but not fitted.
BTW - hope I'm not preaching to the converted but Sikaflex 291 is the best (only?) stuff worth using to fix it on?
Mike
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 12:33 PM

I have on on both my hondas.on the Africa twin it dramatically reduces the amount of dirt/debris thrown on to engine area.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 04:53 PM

Have the pyramid front extender and rear hugger fitted. For road riding the hugger is great for keeping stuff clean but will become quickly clogged when off-road I suspect. Is also shiny black where the rest of my bike is matt black so not 100% on it yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page