Raising bike without centre stand - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 5Likes

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

Raising bike without centre stand

Morning all,

I intend to do some off-roading with my Africa Twin DCT but don't really want the weight of a centre stand.

Any ideas on what I can use when at home to raise the bike for chain maintenance and rear wheel removal?

On my Bandit 1250, I unbolted the centre stand and temporarily fixed it back to the bike when at home, can this be done on the Africa Twin? Or is there a better idea out there?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
Morning all,

I intend to do some off-roading with my Africa Twin DCT but don't really want the weight of a centre stand.

Any ideas on what I can use when at home to raise the bike for chain maintenance and rear wheel removal?

On my Bandit 1250, I unbolted the centre stand and temporarily fixed it back to the bike when at home, can this be done on the Africa Twin? Or is there a better idea out there?

Thank you
Here is an idea I got from another post...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2234.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	33665  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Morning all,

Thank you
paddock stand or hoist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 09:33 AM

I don't know where you are located, but if they have harbor Freight there, I have found this to work well. use it on my Harleys too.
https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-l...ift-60536.html
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 10:46 AM

Or if you have money to burn you can buy this:

https://www.dynamotousa.com/products...rear-stand-set

I'll most likely sell one of my Pitbull stand sets and buy a set of these myself.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Morning all,

Thank you
The DCT weighs 534 pounds. The weight of the center stand would be completely unnoticed whether it was there or not.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-05-2017, 02:37 AM

Why people want to do without one of the most useful/convenient items available for their bike is beyond me.
vfrman02, Cuchulainn and RobertKLR like this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Or if you have money to burn you can buy this:
They look fantastic and just what I need. Shame they aren't made for my other bike :/

Wherever I'm going, getting there on two wheels is always better
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonVulpes View Post
They look fantastic and just what I need. Shame they aren't made for my other bike :/
If you're looking for a stand for the sole purpose of positioning your bike in tight spaces you may want to consider this: retails for $199.99

http://www.legalspeeding.com/Park-n-...m#.Wduyn49Sxph

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
If you're looking for a stand for the sole purpose of positioning your bike in tight spaces you may want to consider this: retails for $199.99
I have one similar for my Tex ( which I'll use on my AT if that ends up being the choice ), but those are for my Thruxton R. I'll report once I have them delivered.

Wherever I'm going, getting there on two wheels is always better

Last edited by DonVulpes; 10-09-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page