Bar risers - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 14Likes

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 04:07 PM

Just remember that anything over about 1-1/4" will interfere with your front brake hose length.
ktmbrock likes this.

2016 Honda Africa Twin
2009 BMW R1200RT (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertKLR View Post
I installed Rox risers and I like them but be careful about getting them aligned. It is possible to to get them tight but not aligned and the rubber mounts of the OEM handlebar stems will try to twist and be a little cocked in one direction or the other. I guess this can happen with most any bar risers. I had to redo mine when I saw the bars were not aligned at a right angle to the bikes center line.
Fitted Rox Barback Risers this weekend. Turned the stems round and what a pain in the ass to get them tight again. Same problem, as soon as I tightened the Rox Risers the stems twisted. Had the stems set back and the risers set back but too tight on the clutch and brake. Turned the stems round, bars in and tightened, installed risers and stems twisted, uninstalled risers, installed bars, realigned stems, removed bars, reinstalled risers, installed bars. Would like a bit more slack on the clutch and brake but nothing binding so good to go. After the next trip if I want them back a bit more it will need a longer brake hose and clutch cable.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 10:50 PM

I bought the Touratech bridged bar riser and it does help to lift the bars slightly and level my arms and wrists. It's not a remarkable improvement or a miracle but it's measurably better. It does seem to stiffen up the bars a wee bit, too. Anything higher than that and I think you'd have issues with controls and brake lines.

__
1984 Honda VF500 Interceptor, 2016 CRF250L, 2016 CRF1000L Africa Twin
__
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." Robert Louis Stevenson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 10:49 AM

I put on a pair of 2" Rox risers I had laying around. At 6'1", I can now fully extend my legs and straighten my back while gripping the bars. All the cables and hoses reach, but the brake hose is tighter than I'd like. It's one of those with a junction block on the lower end so would be hard to replace.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 03:05 PM

I too did the 2" ROX risers, I an 6'2". I used a tubing wrench to straighten out the bend in the brake line to help with being a bit short. DCT version so no clutch cable issues. Makes it much easier to ride standing up. Tricky to get straight tho.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 04:13 AM

I used the S W Motech ones , 25mm higher, 20mm back , they don't give any problems with cables or wires not being long enough,
The Adventure risers are much taller, and don't need any additions IMHO,

Adventure before Dementia,
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-02-2018, 04:40 AM

Anybody got a picture of Rox Barback Risers fitted with the bars brought closer to the rider. The video on the Rox site shows them moved forwards and not back. Going to refit this weekend with the post turned back just to check again. I figure tight at full lock is OK so long as the cables aren't being pulled on.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 12:34 AM

Tusk handlebar risers 1 1/8 30MM rise. Be careful you don't buy adapters. Straight risers. They are very necessary for a comfortable riding position.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 03:01 PM

Hey, wanta pull this thread back up and ask if anyone has put on 2" risers and is having issues keeping them aligned. I had ROX 2" Pivot Risers installed (required longer cables) and they want to twist whichever direction I last steered strongly to (not dangerously, but annoyingly). A tech suggested I find Urethane replacements for the stock rubber mounts, but I can't find them anywhere. Has anyone dealt with this? I don't think tightening them is a solution, as that will just crush the rubber.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Root View Post
Hey, wanta pull this thread back up and ask if anyone has put on 2" risers and is having issues keeping them aligned. I had ROX 2" Pivot Risers installed (required longer cables) and they want to twist whichever direction I last steered strongly to (not dangerously, but annoyingly). A tech suggested I find Urethane replacements for the stock rubber mounts, but I can't find them anywhere. Has anyone dealt with this? I don't think tightening them is a solution, as that will just crush the rubber.
No problems with mine, didnt need longer cables or have trouble aligning the bars, were easy as to fit, had them on for 12 months without any issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page