• 1 Post By Old Can Ride
  • 3 Post By Coast2Coast

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 08:40 PM

Will only make it harder to pick up !
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 09:25 PM

I would have zero interest. For me one of the key advantages of the AT was the lower COG. If I ever need more than 5 gallons of fuel I'll put a Rotopax on a pillion rack. But for most rides the 5 gallons is plenty and keeps the weight down and low.
Drum Dog likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 06:18 PM

Garage
Well they might as well make a more road biased version, tubless tyres, cruise control, shorter suspension travel, 19" front wheel for those that are predominantly tarmac users (al la GSA type) and leave the original as is for those hard ass big country guys. Market segmentation and all that, no bad thing.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 06:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltel62 View Post
Well they might as well make a more road biased version, tubless tyres, cruise control, shorter suspension travel, 19" front wheel for those that are predominantly tarmac users (al la GSA type) and leave the original as is for those hard ass big country guys. Market segmentation and all that, no bad thing.
Hey, I resemble that - short, fat, old, ugly, and down to earth (way too many times)
eltel62 likes this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 05:25 PM

I'm surprised at the negativity about this. One of the biggest complaints about this bike has always been too small of a fuel tank to be a "proper adventure bike".

I'd personally love to have a bigger tank option. On all day multi-day rides it feels like the fuel light comes on before the gas station is out of sight! (might actually be true in the flat prairies of Alberta and Saskatchewan lol). I run a camel tank now, and the extra 100kms of range I get is priceless. I never have to carry extra fuel and stop to fill my tank before I get to the next gas station and the space that would have taken up in my luggage is left empty.

Funny thing about a bigger heavier tank, ride for an hour and it weighs the same as the stock tank!
eltel62, Mushroom and TLyleJeep like this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 09:51 PM

Bring it on! I have to religiously carry the Rotopax and have had to use it a few times. Worrying about running out of fuel takes some of the adventure out of ADV.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 10:10 PM

I was spoiled with my KTM990 Dakar that had a 10 gallon Safari tank (which actually held 13 gallons). There is a weird kind of freedom that comes with being able to ride anywhere, take any road, back track and avoid towns all without making any route choice based on where the next fillup will be. I miss that and I don't especially like having to stop and fill my A/T 3 times a day.

Everything for your Dualsport or Adventure motorcycle. www.procycle.us
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2017, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski-line900 View Post
Gad dang it...this sort of annoys me cuz I just bought the AT in June and they're now releasing a better off-road version.

Can't really tell in pic if it has a bigger tank or not. If the new version comes with firmer front & rear springs I'll be REALLY annoyed. LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in