Corbin Seat - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Corbin Seat

Has anyone tried the new Corbin seat for the AT yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 01:13 PM

I have one. Mine is the lower version to accommodate my short legs. Bought it in September then did a 6800 mile 4-week ride. Oregon, Ohio, Arizona, Oregon. The seat is good. I put in several 500 mile days, a few back-to-back. I like the fact that it is one piece. It makes more under-seat storage available. The only negative is that it really doesn't have the "ADV look". It looks more like a king/queen seat off a Harley. I don't care. Can't see it when I'm sitting on it....

Edit: It was a bit of a last minute purchase. I've done a lot of business with Corbin over the years and my friends there did a great job of expediting the seat build so I'd have it in time.

Everything for your Dualsport or Adventure motorcycle. www.procycle.us

Last edited by ProCycle; 11-07-2017 at 01:19 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCycle View Post
I have one. Mine is the lower version to accommodate my short legs. Bought it in September then did a 6800 mile 4-week ride. Oregon, Ohio, Arizona, Oregon. The seat is good. I put in several 500 mile days, a few back-to-back. I like the fact that it is one piece. It makes more under-seat storage available. The only negative is that it really doesn't have the "ADV look". It looks more like a king/queen seat off a Harley. I don't care. Can't see it when I'm sitting on it....

Edit: It was a bit of a last minute purchase. I've done a lot of business with Corbin over the years and my friends there did a great job of expediting the seat build so I'd have it in time.
I am considering a low seat as well (30 inch inseam) but was concerned about comfort. any insight is appreciated especially compared to stock seat.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebiker25 View Post
I am considering a low seat as well (30 inch inseam) but was concerned about comfort. any insight is appreciated especially compared to stock seat.
Thanks
I recently picked up a Corbin low seat.
I was running the stock seat in the low position (same inseam length as you).
I only have a couple of decent length rides on it. The Corbin is comfortable and equivalent in height to the stock low position. I will agree that it looks slightly out of place on the bike.
It does allow you to comfortably move closer to the tank and I feel like it can squeeze it with my knees when standing without rubbing the tank as much.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. What I want is a soft comfy seat for the few times I am sitting down. Also, I need the standard height.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 10:15 PM

I had a Corbin on my Kaw ER6n. For what I got I thought it was way overpriced. It also took several thousand miles of riding to break in and for that first few thousand miles it was like sitting on a rock. The material was leather but it was thin and needed constant care to keep it looking good. Maybe it was just that model but I was very disappointed in it considering the price and Corbin's reputation.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 08:36 AM

I have one and I love it. It's much wider than stock. I rode 325 miles in 1 day. ( no pain in the arse)
I have heard about the break in. It is so much better than the stock seat, it will only get better.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 02:32 PM

FWIW I happen to like Corbin seats, the shape (usually) and firm foam (always) suit me perfectly, but I wanted to stay with the two-seat setup. I have been more than satisfied with Seat Concepts seats and they offer two different seats for the AT, I chose their front seat requesting firmer foam than they typically use along with the rear seat cover only. Came out great and I'll say this is one of, if not THE, the most comfortable seats I've *ever* owned which include many Corbin's and Sargent's. This thing is all day comfortable for me now and no more sliding forward.

RobertKLR and ProCycle like this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
FWIW I happen to like Corbin seats, the shape (usually) and firm foam (always) suit me perfectly, but I wanted to stay with the two-seat setup. I have been more than satisfied with Seat Concepts seats and they offer two different seats for the AT, I chose their front seat requesting firmer foam than they typically use along with the rear seat cover only. Came out great and I'll say this is one of, if not THE, the most comfortable seats I've *ever* owned which include many Corbin's and Sargent's. This thing is all day comfortable for me now and no more sliding forward.

I put a Seat Concepts model on my CRF250L. It is a super comfortable seat and reasonably priced with excellent quality. Fast service also.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 10:25 AM

When I first saw and tried Seat Concepts seats at a BMW rally vendor display I liked the shape but felt the foam to be a little too soft, but that's probably just me because I really like firm seats like Corbin makes. Plus it seems seats soften up when they warm up from sitting on them for a while. I would say as far as firmness standard SC seats are similar to Sargent seats.

When first saw SC seats about five years ago at a rally I told the SC person working the booth "I like it but I'm afraid it's a little too soft for me". He said "we can use firmer foam when requested in fact for riders over 260 pounds we do automatically."
So whenever I order a SC seat for a new bike (usually one of the first things I do) I note on the order "please use firmer foam I weigh 270 pounds" (I actually weigh 175) and they're perfect.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page