New owners manual - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

New owners manual

This week I received a new owners manual for 2017 something about maintenance schedule was was not correct, anyone else get one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 08:48 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckkinsey9 View Post
This week I received a new owners manual for 2017 something about maintenance schedule was was not correct, anyone else get one?

My wife received one for hers, along with a recall notice for some emissions issue. I haven’t sat down and compared notes with the previous version to see what’s changed.

I purchased a holdover ‘16, for which they lost the owners manual and later said they “found it”. But it was actually a 2017 one they gave me, not the ‘16. Since Honda is not aware that I even have an old ‘17 manual for mine, I am sure they won’t send me a new one. Perhaps if I call customer service they will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 11:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
I've got a '16 DCT, haven't seen or heard of anyone local getting a revised manual. Can you possibly do a compare of the original vs replacement version, and advise of the differences /corrections to the maintenance schedule?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 12:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridenfun View Post
I've got a '16 DCT, haven't seen or heard of anyone local getting a revised manual. Can you possibly do a compare of the original vs replacement version, and advise of the differences /corrections to the maintenance schedule?

I believe the ‘16 manuals are fine, since my wife received an updated one for her ‘17 and I did not for my ‘16.

But since I never got the original for my ‘16, I can’t be sure

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 05:36 PM

Garage
I received one as well...
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
got one on friday. the recall is for the service intervals in the owners manual. they sent the new one and i compared and seen the differences. seems they added to intervals. see pic. new manual is top pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1523242073537.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	41098  

Lanesworld
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2018, 11:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Lane View Post
got one on friday. the recall is for the service intervals in the owners manual. they sent the new one and i compared and seen the differences. seems they added to intervals. see pic. new manual is top pic

Weird. This is the original manual and the new one my wife just received. Only difference I can see between the two is the original was a more off-white color and contrast wasn’t as good.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 12:02 AM

yea yours looks like no changes.either way the majority of the changes most of us check more frequently than required anyhow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
Quote:

Weird. This is the original manual and the new one my wife just received. Only difference I can see between the two is the original was a more off-white color and contrast wasn’t as good.

Lanesworld
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 12:06 AM

Garage
Quote:
yea yours looks like no changes.either way the majority of the changes most of us check more frequently than required anyhow
Yes. I also purchased the service manual and reference that for service anyway, since its easier to read than the Honda micro-book user manual
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
Quote:
Yes. I also purchased the service manual and reference that for service anyway, since its easier to read than the Honda micro-book user manual [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
yea same here , although the mistake i made on my rear wheel install was wrong in the honda tm. calls for the rear wheel hat bushing to be installed on right side of tire and when installed that side it causes the caliper and disc brake to rub. my mistake in not remembering how it came off. either way no damage and im lucky i caught it. but manual def shows it being put in wrong side fyi ... i had tire off for almost a week so it wasnt fresh in my mind..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E6092FAA-E587-4097-B682-D22451832964_1523247194500.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	41106  

Lanesworld

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page