Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

What did you name your bike?

36K views 100 replies 84 participants last post by  Doctorzee 
#1 ·
My brother (who has Downs) is a master at naming all my vehicles. I'm not sure how he does it but all of the 20+ cars and 10+ bikes I've owned have all been perfectly named by him.

For the AT 'Hyena' was aptly applied and has stuck like glue.

What's your AT's name and how did it get it?

#5 ·
'Nellie'. I have a picture of me when I was 4 years old sitting in 'Nellie Belle' which was a kids pedal car that looked like Roy Roger's jeep. For you young ones out there Roy Rogers was one of the first and most famous singing cowboy on tv. And of course he could go anywhere in his Jeep, like we can with the AT.

#10 ·
I have owned about 45 bikes over the years and have never named any of them or assigned a sex to them either. There is some thing quite special about this Africa Twin and it speaks to me in a way I cannot explain. It seems to make me think of a fantastic life provided by motorcycles. I did not name it, it named itself. It is "The Circle of Life".

#19 ·
Pick my AT Dakar DCT on Saturday 10/29/2016, if the warehouse does not burn down or hit by earthquake, the delivery truck is not trashed in an accident bringing the bike to the dealership, and the dealership is not hit by a typhoon.

She was named last April 04/07/2016 when I ordered and paid for her. Her name is "QUEENIE".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.