Sport ONLY DCT - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 08:19 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 4
Ride mode

I ride in the user mode P1 EB 2. T1 and put the trans in manual or S3
Jnelson57 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 02:04 PM
Member
 
Mr Biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 62
Im a fan of S2 mode,S3 is just for going loopy lol,they really hang on to the gears for as long as possible in that mode.


Mr Biker is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 10:20 PM
Member
 
dascooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Chesterfield, MO
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnelson57 View Post
I ride in the user mode P1 EB 2. T1 and put the trans in manual or S3
I haven't played with the user modes enough to really notice a difference. I think I am just using Urban by default. No complaints with it but I guess I should give all the different User Modes a try and then see if I need to even customize.
dascooter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 10:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 45
Garage
Think the best thing here is that Honda gave us all these different options for different circumstances. My favorite setting depends on where I am. Use them all!
geirvmax is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 02:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Waikato, New Zealand
Posts: 216
I use D 0% of the time and S1 95+% of the time.
I find in S1 the DCT mostly works as I want it, but when I crank the throttle to overtake and it changes down to 4th, once passed it will hold it in 4th until it ascertains that the enthusiasm is over for now. So I crank the throttle, the bike goes down to 4th, I pass the slow car rather quickly, then I finger the up-shifter to return to 6th gear.

S3 is fun on a big section of twisties where you really want to have fun, fuel economy be damned!

Manual can be useful when you don't want the bike to change gear until you tell it to.
KiwiMark is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 06:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 33
I mainly commute in heavy motorway traffic on my 2016 - so D is sooo relaxing. Then if I go off for a couple of hours somewhere then tootling around in D is soooo relaxing. If you need to thrash past a car or go fast round corners yeah baby drop 2 gears by thumbshifting like on a mountain bike shimano shifter, and if someone is giving you grief at the traffic lights yes just do big throttle and sometimes even the front wheel lifts - so D is fine for me. Just tootling along ...
Ted Hughes is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 11:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 111
S3 80% of the time, manual and left hand shifting the other 20%. D mode and trying to eek an extra 2mpg should be banned on a motorcycle....IMHO
Dave B is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UK only....some parts for sale (WN7 postcode) scotsy CRF1000L Africa Twin Parts 1 03-31-2018 12:45 PM
AT as only bike? - had issues before - HELP! Jdilpkle Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin General Discussion Forum 27 09-06-2017 11:45 PM
REVIEW - First ADV bike, first ADV ride (tarmac only) Nemesis Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Reviews 4 06-26-2017 08:57 PM
Broke it....only done 3500miles Filtercottage Engine and Technical Discussion 17 04-06-2017 04:14 AM
Is the US Bike DCT only? Paige Engine and Technical Discussion 1 02-28-2016 09:42 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome