so im i a biased manual man... however i did take the dct for a half day test ride before i purchased my at... i liked it but just not for me.
i have done just over 3000 kms in 8 weeks. everything from daily commute to pushing the limits of the dunlop 610's in the bush.
my gripes with the bike are
1. the ever reported fueling issue .. ( i believe that a dyno tune will resolve this ) i have tried every octane i have available and still get coughs and splutters especially when in traffic.
2. im not a fan of the slop in the throttle of the fly by wire... i believe that i used to adjust the slop with the cable tension on old bikes and dont notice it .. i am getting used to it and starting not to think about it .. i would love Honda to make an adjustable tension in the throttle assembly.
3. when down changing in traffic i find that the clutch has to be all the way in or it will jam in between gears (no not a false neutral it gets stuck until the clutch is released and re engaged)
4.the finish behind the head lights... did Honda forget about this ?? a simple cover to hide the rear of the headlight section to tie it in with the rest of the glorious looking bike.
5. why is the clutch cable not hydraulic?
6. why is the clutch leaver adjustable but the front not? ( I have missing half right hand i need to shorten the throw of the lever .... after market only apparently..)
7. the welded pillion pegs brackets... something i over looked ... i liked the idea of being able to remove when not required.
8. the front plastic assembly .... remember when we could take the whole front off with 6 screws and a wiring clip ...
that's it really other than not having enough hours to ride it ..
plenty of great points that everone else has covered..
btw.. im 6ft1 and cant figure out what everyone is complaining about with the screen... but maybe im used to the buffering from all my older bikes..
shiny side up