Graduating from a KLR - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 3Likes

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Thank you

Hey guys!

Great information here and thank you, sincerely.

In many ways jxvak summed it up: if I were to sell my KLR, Iíd miss it like an old dog. I appreciate everyoneís comments.

Jarrett - Huge thanks for your thoughts. I am looking hard at the DCT model for the stalling issues you mentioned. In altitude, even clutching can be a challenge to keep the KLR moving.

VFMoore - yeah, that whole area is a massive playground for adventure bikes. Between where I live and Lake City is Cottonwood Pass. More specifically itís between Buena Vista and Taylor Park. The east side is paved and you canít help but push the bike to redline and scape pegs on corners. The west side is a gravel dirt road with stunning vistas.

Much appreciated again, everyone. Glad I joined the forum.

Dan-O
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookem View Post
I am looking hard at the DCT model for the stalling issues you mentioned. In altitude, even clutching can be a challenge to keep the KLR moving.
DCT for off road riding is fantastic, imo. Climbing on rocks with steep grades is much easier. You also have a rear brake on the left handlebar for tough situations where you have to put your right foot down. That has saved me a couple of times on a right-slanted climb where I can put my right foot down and still keep the bike from rolling back with my left hand while giving it throttle with my right.

When descending, you can put it in manual mode and put it in first or second gear depending on speed needs and let it lug you down the slope. Can also disable rear ABS in that situation as well.

DCT for climbing, manual for descending. Kind of best of both worlds.

This video highlights what I mean about climbing. Granted, I'm sure he could do it on either bike, but for those of us that don't quite possess his skills, this functionality comes in handy:

Bookem likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page