Heated grips by Honda - Page 47 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 103Likes

post #461 of 473 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxply View Post
The Honda heated grips on My ATAS seem pretty good to me, although I have noticed the LH one doesn't get as warm as the RH one- is this normal??
I dont think this is normal however Im not sure as I have the ATAS and I have the setting on 4 also whilst wearing heated gloves so I cant really tell, I know that my mits would fall off without the heated gloves though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #462 of 473 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxply View Post
The Honda heated grips on My ATAS seem pretty good to me, although I have noticed the LH one doesn't get as warm as the RH one- is this normal??
I have the same issue with my 2018 OEM grips. Right hand gets very hot (almost too hot). Left hand about 1/2 as hot. Plan on taking it back to dealer and asking them to make the left as hot as the right (not the other way around hopefully).
post #463 of 473 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 06:22 PM

Hi, Does anyone know if my barkbusters and kaoko control combo already installed on my 2017 AT will fit the OEM honda heated grips? Thanks. Luiz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #464 of 473 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 07:19 PM

I just purchased a new 2017 AT DCT from a nearby dealer and had them install OEM Honda heated grips and barkbusters. No problem there but don't know about the kaoko.
post #465 of 473 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luizhmax View Post
Hi, Does anyone know if my barkbusters and kaoko control combo already installed on my 2017 AT will fit the OEM honda heated grips? Thanks. Luiz
I have a 2017 AT with Barkbusters, the Kaoko throttle lock and the OEM heated grips. Everything fits and works as it should. Well as good as the OEM heated grips will work, which isn't all that great but that's on Honda not Barkbusters or Kaoko.

Current Bikes
2018 Royal Ehfield Himalayan
2017 Honda Africa Twin
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2005 BMW K1200LT
2004 BMW R1150RT
post #466 of 473 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 02:21 AM

Have the OEM ones. They never worked. Keep on showing E3 message in the dash. Been twice at the dealership and still don't work. Great mistake buying these.
post #467 of 473 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 10:31 AM

I love my AT but honestly, the supposed heated grips are rubbish.

I cannot for the life of me fathom why a company that has made so many technical advances in motorcycle and car technology over the years and who undoubtedly employ thousands of talented engineers don't seem willing or able to admit that they screwed up, but worse, they seem incapable of fixing the problem and actually producing something that works!

Phew, I feel better getting that off my chest
post #468 of 473 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 11:13 AM

I know. And another thing that surprises me is that the 2019 demonstrator I tried last week has exactly the same air temperature error (2 to 3 deg c) as everyone has been pointing out for 3 years. Surely a very simple fix ?
Mike
post #469 of 473 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:51 AM

Thought I should report on here that my new (2018) bike has the OEM heated grips and they are working well. Only 500 miles but no error messages, and just as importantly they seem warmer than my previous Koso ones (that I had to fit because of two failed sets of Honda ones).
Maybe I'm just lucky at the moment .... or maybe Honda have fixed a design problem they would never admit they had
Mike
MildlyInterested likes this.
post #470 of 473 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5100 View Post
Thought I should report on here that my new (2018) bike has the OEM heated grips and they are working well. Only 500 miles but no error messages, and just as importantly they seem warmer than my previous Koso ones (that I had to fit because of two failed sets of Honda ones).
Maybe I'm just lucky at the moment .... or maybe Honda have fixed a design problem they would never admit they had
Mike
I have an 18 as well but my left grip never gets as warm as the right. My right will get hot enough to make me take my hand off to cool it and my left will leave my fingers partially numb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page