New bike didnt come with warranty - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Got my 2018 atas with 1 mile on the odometer maybe 2ish months ago. I secured a 3rd party loan, took that check to the dealership and rode off the lot.

In my excitement, I signed all the paperwork to fast and bolted out the door. Once I got to 500 miles, I toyed with the idea of letting the dealership doing the first oil change when I realized I dont remember seeing any paperwork about warranty. Pulled out the paperwork and sure enough... no warrenty, sold as is.

I bought enough cars from stealerships to know better, I've been victim of yo yo financing, told I was required to purchase GAP and service contracts, hidden damages etc. But something about buying a brand spankin new bike and all that experience went right out the window.

Did I get hosed? Is there anything I can do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 01:26 PM

I’d call the dealership and Honda. The warranty is through the manufacturer and the dealership should support it. However, ANY dealership can do warranty work, not just the one you bought the motorcycle from. By speaking with Honda, you can ensure they are aware of the situation.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Disregard, I have a factory warranty. The "no warrenty" on my paperwork referred to a dealer warrenty. I actually already went through this when we bought my wife a used 2016 Cherokee but I guess it just didnt click

Last edited by Nick_rp; 05-17-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 02:30 PM

Garage
Yea 1 year is the factory standard, I ended up (by my choice) with 4 extra years, in my book there are waaaaayyy to many sensors, relays, and electronicís that could crap out on it. So I got it as more of an insurance policy, hopefully it will end up one of those things - if I hadnít of got it I would of wished I had - now that I have it I wonít (hopefully) need it...

ďIf necessity is the mother of inventions, then laziness is the baby daddy.Ē A.A.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page