Tyre recommedation - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 18Likes

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 03:48 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 07:53 AM

I would go with a 70/30 or 80/20 road/dirt on the rear and a 50/50 on the front. I've tried a few combinations. Right now I'm running a Shinko 705 rear with an 804 front. Got a set of Scorpion Rally that I'm going to mount when these wear out. Got them cheap so when the rear wears out I'll probably go back to the Shinko. I'm riding on both paved and gravel back roads.
Mosko likes this.

Last edited by Oldtech; 07-04-2019 at 07:57 AM.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee711 View Post
Did you use them ??
How are they ?
and some estimation onroad/offroad.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosko View Post
Did you use them ??
How are they ?
and some estimation onroad/offroad.....

Have had them on for about 600 miles now and love them, great in the dry and I definitely have more confidence with them in the wet over the OEM tat, no issues at all. Don't really notice any excessive noise from them either, although i always wear plugs anyway. They are rated and sold as a sport touring tyre with off-road ability with a 70/30 ratio. I haven't been off road with them yet but i'm sure they'll cope well with my requirements, nothing too extreme.

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocia...re-tyre-review
Mosko and MrRobb like this.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 04:31 PM

I now have 52k on my 2016 AT , I have tried a lot of different tires from very aggressive knobby tires to street only tires. The one tire that’s the perfect do all tire, continental TK70. This tire has its limits just like any other tire on the market.
MrRobb likes this.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 04:44 PM

I'm running the Shinko 804/805 combo and have a 4 day trip planned at the end of the week. Looking at 70/30 dirt and gravel to pavement. Will give you my impressions when I'm done but I like the Idea of the 804 up front and the 705 in the back.
MrRobb likes this.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:32 PM

Just back from 5k mile road trip, Washington to Minnesota on mostly two lanes.

I have been using Continental Trail Attack 2 after the factory original. My riding is 95/5 road/gravel and that tire works well for me, good feel and works without surprises in dry and wet, and especially when I can get 10+k miles on the rear. The center uses a harder compound. Last winter I converted to tubeless using 3M seal and tape. $40 does four tires. No problems over 10K road miles this year. I did fit TPMS long ago. Worth the $50 for peace of mind.

However, on that last trip my rear was not going to get me home. All I could find to fit in Montana last week without waiting was a set of Michelin Anakee Adventure. Fitted expertly by Bike Shack in Bozeman (406 556-4644) for $391.

Round and black, whines more on highway than the Continentals, got me home and maybe they will temp me off road more.
MrRobb likes this.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 06:52 PM

I have installed the Anakee Adventures that came out in January, and like them on the pavement and the gravel where the opportunity has arisen. Taking a 2 day Adventure Off-Road training this weekend, so maybe will have something else to report next week.
MrRobb likes this.

GL1800A, KLR 650, ATAS, 1972 CT2 Cessna Skylane
Fly low, fly high, but fly!
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 07:08 PM

just loaded up the Michelin Anakee Wilds. Work really well. They did get a little chewed up on some of hard-sharp rocks we got into but I think they are fine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page