Word of warning to the unwise. - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 7Likes

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 10:26 AM

Skimmer, I am slightly mystified by your route description that resulted in congestion zone violation. I live at Wimbledon and work in the West End i.e within the congestion zone. Going northbound from Wimbledon, the congestion charge zone starts at Vauxhall, so something is wrong here. I personally commute to work by motorbike - let me mention for everybody else that motorbikes in London are exempt from the congestion charge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairyDog View Post
If you didn't see the white stand alone signs, the big "C" on direction signs and the big "C" on the road then there's a case for driving without due care and attention as well.
Why donít you kick him while heís down, eh ?
4thCentenary likes this.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 04:21 PM

Garage
I guess "Bob's your Uncle" has lost its value
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy F View Post
Why donít you kick him while heís down, eh ?
Yeah bit harsh I guess, but it's only been in force for 16 years so easily missed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
4thCentenary likes this.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Forgot to mention in original post that was pulling my two bike trailer behind my motorhome.
I was too busy trying to avoid being T-boned by the pricks that seem to think everybody will give way because they want to join the lane and space you already occupy, trying not to do the bus lanes, chequering at junctions, the speed limit and pay attention to the directions from the satnav to arrive at my destination without having reverse a trailer in dense traffic.
So no I failed to have the time to read the poxy congestion signs whilst concentrating in traffic I'm not used to having to deal with on a regular basis.
Apologies for being a feckin carrot cruncher and failing to be aware of their **** idea of saving us from ourselves, it'll never be my problem again.
I generally avoid cities like the plague and this reinforces my decision made decades ago that London is not for the likes of me.
Rant over.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 09:25 AM

Word of warning to the unwise.

I hear ya i usually pull an 18ft trailer behind our motorhome with 2utvís on it or my 10ft trailer with my bike and 2kayaks on it. Allways checking my garmin and tire pressure monitoring system, once i roll thru a big city like Phoenix or Dallas the traffic is my main concern not the signs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by olmoggy1; 08-02-2019 at 09:28 AM.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 03:13 PM

So where exactly were you fined for being?
I can only presume it wasnt anywhere near where you said you were in the original post? As there is no congestion zone anywhere near that part of London?
Mort-69 likes this.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 08:46 PM

Given this is an AT forum I had figured you went to look at a new off road bike while riding your AT through whichever areas you were riding your AT through and got hit with a massive charge for congestion. Now at least I can visualize why. Thanks for clearing this up.

NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimmer View Post
Forgot to mention in original post that was pulling my two bike trailer behind my motorhome.
I was too busy trying to avoid being T-boned by the pricks that seem to think everybody will give way because they want to join the lane and space you already occupy, trying not to do the bus lanes, chequering at junctions, the speed limit and pay attention to the directions from the satnav to arrive at my destination without having reverse a trailer in dense traffic.
So no I failed to have the time to read the poxy congestion signs whilst concentrating in traffic I'm not used to having to deal with on a regular basis.
Apologies for being a feckin carrot cruncher and failing to be aware of their **** idea of saving us from ourselves, it'll never be my problem again.
I generally avoid cities like the plague and this reinforces my decision made decades ago that London is not for the likes of me.
Rant over.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebspring View Post
So where exactly were you fined for being?
I can only presume it wasnt anywhere near where you said you were in the original post? As there is no congestion zone anywhere near that part of London?
Signs for Wimbledon, Richmond Park and is it Staples Corner spring to mind. My work has taken me all over the UK but never South London and if I remember correctly, the last time I would have been in London would have been the 1980's, at the Racing and Sporting motorcycle show at Ally Pally, showing my age now.
By the time I'd crawled up the A3 for what seemed like an eternity, I let the sat nav guide me to the sellers address.
At a guess my destination was about a mile east of the A3 from when the sat nav told me leave the A3.
Signs with a big C don't mean jack **** to me, as a village idiot I have to wait a whole year for my turn to sit on the bench and watch the traffic go by out here in the boonies.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 08:44 AM

Garage
Besides not being there, what would prevent one from receiving a Congestion fine?
Invin likes this.

Marc

AMA & IBA member
2017 690 Enduro R & 2012 Concours 14 traded for the 2017 Africa Twin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page