Word of warning to the unwise. - Page 3 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 7Likes

post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimmer View Post
Late this May I ventured into the outskirts of London to pick up an offroader as the AT is too much bike for me for greenlining.
Came off the M25 and onto the A3 and followed the satnav to just short of Wimbledon staying out of the bus lanes and the cross hatching at junctions.
Found the address, exchanged folding, filled out paperwork and headed for the M25, all in all about an hour in Greater London.
Got home in July from 1300 mile trip round the best bits of England and Wales, lovely week with good weather.
Letter inside the front door sent from Darlington mystified me for a moment till I opened it.
Congestion charge which I didn't even realise I'd contravened, 500 pound penalty for my one hour visit into Greater London. What a complete smack in the chops that was.
I'll never enter that shithole again for as long as I live.
Glad I left the UK 15 years ago. Poured kerosene on my bridge as I never intend to go back!
Derek Dust likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarangMoto View Post
Glad I left the UK 15 years ago. Poured kerosene on my bridge as I never intend to go back!
Me too.
The only positive about living in the London Borough of Newham was that I learned to lane-split like a champ.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 05:56 PM
R.M

Did a 4 day visit to the UK last week from Ireland to visit some family. Went from Holyhead to Birmingham & then down to Sevenoaks. Ignored all motorway speed restrictions to a degree, ie tipped away at 60mph+ in a 50mph restriction.

Being from Ireland, we have to display a motor tax road disc, which fits perfectly on the back number plate, unfortunately covering part of our reg. no.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 03:12 PM

Is this the same as being fined for using the car pool lane when you are not in a car pool? What is this congestion you speak of? In Murica we have a pill for that. ;-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page