Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Shad Top Mount

5K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Zander 
#1 ·
After 2.5 months of waiting, my Shad H0CR18ST top mount finally arrived. Has anyone put this on? I have followed the directions and there is no way this is going to fit.

#10 ·
Still waiting to hear back from SHAD, I have a bag of hardware that don't appear in the instructions (seems to be the part that mounts the mouting plate to the top of the bracket). Also turns out the top box was scratched, and most of the bracket parts chipped, so I will need to have them repowdercoated.

On my 2017 I bought a SHAD 29SH or something and the entire experience was awesome, super easy to install, everything was well packaged. This time around the experience has been pretty bad from the beginning, I'll still waiting an answer from them to see what I will do...if they refund me an amount, though it won't make up for the wasted time, it will cover having them repainted...

#11 ·
Ok guys, so here's the update. I had the parts repowdercoated and had my friend (professional car mechanic) help me on the install and it was a complete PITA.

Part of the problem is how Honda designed the tail, didn't leave the engineers much space to work with for the brackets. But the other part is vague instructions or in some cases, parts order being simply wrong.

Really happy with the top box, but considering my experience from the beginning to end, I could not recommend. Their smaller top boxes are easy to install to the OEM rack, but if you take this route, hope to receive everything in good condition, and then expect you'll have to use a lot of patience. Unless you are very mechanically inclined, you're probably better off paying a professional for the installation. A lot of plastic clips involved in the tail, and its not always obvious how they are clipped.

#16 ·
Regarding bolts, the kit has same D and pitch 50 and 60 mm -- used contrary to the manual, 50 mm fits perfect making a neat connection from the bottom, and then 60 go to the base plate where length does not make a big difference. The plate itself is made to withstand a nuclear explosion, hard to tell what designers had on their mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.