Sbam! New 2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sports - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 13Likes

post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 08:07 PM

Maybe no tubes could account for that much weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Detjen View Post
Hmm, Bigger engine, .1 gallon more fuel - but 2.6lbs lighter.

2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 08:12 PM

While I thinks cool, it looks like they are aiming straight for that BMW type crowd, I wish they were aiming for that KTM 790 crowd.
John Brown likes this.

2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-23-2019, 10:07 PM

Lots of really cool and useful new features. I'm not sure they are looking for AT customers who already have the bike but the BMW GS crowd. It's getting really close in so many technical aspects of the bike and is still loads cheaper than a BMW. Looks like a really awesome bike.

__
1984 Honda VF500 Interceptor, 2016 CRF250L, 2016 CRF1000L Africa Twin
__
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move." Ė Robert Louis Stevenson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 09:16 AM

AT 2020 Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltabi View Post
The list price for the Adv version is high (Ä19-20k in Italy). True, is a complete package, but pretty expensive. Good news is that, with such an high price on new model, used bikes could be well evaluated.
May I ask where did you get those prices?
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArqCC View Post
May I ask where did you get those prices?
From the official Honda italian website: https://www.honda.it/motorcycles/ran...as_dct_es_2020

post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 12:48 PM

Thank you Deltabi
The official website of Honda Portugal is not yet priced for Africa Twin 2020. On the Italian site, for the "Adventure Sports" option with DCT, I only see the option with electronic suspension. Does this mean that ATAS DCT without electronic suspension will not be available (at least in Italy) ...?
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 01:04 PM

Here is the UK price list and options.. I cannot imagine the options avilable here will not be available anywhere else in the EU.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	70728891_10156343187886389_7241267560581169152_n.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	50491  

30th anniversary DCT 'Sport.
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 01:15 PM

The Honda website states the standard bike still hast the same 5.0 gallon fuel tank? I won't upgrade for any of the other features and the black with red frame looks bad. The new TFT looks cool like they all do but that is a gimmick I'll get used to in short order. A bit more torque is fine but the current bike is just fine for me. Now my old F800GS was doggy but the AT with the 998CC engine doesn't hurt for performance. It is an ADV bike not a sport tourer but others will always want more oomph.

If I were in the market I'd buy a NOS 2018 model ands save big bucks. While that bike does not have the TFT, the instrument cluster is at least a unique looking array and when you have more than one bike, it is nice to have something that is different looking.

Nice job Honda. I think you'll win over some BMW riders but us current owners won't need to upgrade.

Now if the standard bike had the 6 gallon tank . . .

NC
AdvArt likes this.
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 01:49 PM

Is this a pattern across the market? To get through euro 5 regs the engine needs to be bigger to compensate for all the new emission control gubbins? (i.e. BMW to 1250, Triumph twins to 1200, Ducati etc...??) or is this simply marketing? Very happy with my '18 ATAS and will stick out the full 3 years at least. Bought it to get away from full electronic arrays! Word from my local dealer is that the lovely exhaust note on the '18/'19 may be a thing of the past.... Final point: never buy the mark 1!! Anywayhow, if it gets a few more people bought into the Africa Twin - cannot be bad!!
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 09-24-2019, 02:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANSOME View Post
As Deltabi correctly pointed out, when you're navigating it seams that speed and gear info is removed from the TFT. Hence the need for the other screen below.
That is showing CarPlay with the Apple Maps app running. There are other mapping apps that work with CarPlay, such as Google Maps. It wouldn’t surprise me if one of them showed your speed. Gear selection is another matter, though.

EDIT: Apparently Waze shows current speed in their CarPlay UI.

Last edited by ablock; 09-24-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page