Dodged the 2020 bullet - Page 12 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
View Poll Results: Will you get a new 2020 when available?
No 70 64.22%
Yes as soon as I can. 18 16.51%
When I pay my current AT off. 6 5.50%
Undecided a bit to much $$$$ 15 13.76%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

60Likes

post #111 of 152 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 01:26 PM

I canít find the accessory documention. But using the FN switch are relay will be activated so I hope to find the service manual very quickly or the partnumbers then I can see how it is working. Same with the onboard gps. For carplay it is stupid that honda didnít implement wifi. I will get a device to test or it also can work wireless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 152 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 02:27 PM

Does any one know if the luggage is interchangable with 2018/2019 ATAS???
post #113 of 152 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 03:24 PM

@harlywilma If you know the partno then you can check it.
You can download the accessories cataloge here: http://www.hondamc.com/wp-content/up...020-Folder.pdf
My old 35l top box can fit on it. The most other parts not the new part are using MKS in their partno:
circuitjc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 152 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 09:34 PM

The few pics that I've seen of the new luggage racks for the ATAS look interesting. It would be great if they were backward compatible but I'm not getting my hopes up.
post #115 of 152 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitf View Post
@harlywilma If you know the partno then you can check it.
You can download the accessories cataloge here: http://www.hondamc.com/wp-content/up...020-Folder.pdf
Thanks! That link is so useful for me. I converted the pricing over to Canadian dollars and made a spreadsheet. I now have ammo for when I go into my dealer to make the final deal. The difference in the package prices vs individual pieces is crazy. It would be mad to not get one of the packages if you are thinking of the Honda luggage.

Now if only Honda Canada could get their crap together enough to make the same thing available here. My dealer still doesn't have any information except what is on the Honda Canada website yet. You'd think Honda marketing/sales would be better prepared.

'17 CB500X / '20 AT AS (DCT?) in my future
post #116 of 152 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 03:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem View Post
The few pics that I've seen of the new luggage racks for the ATAS look interesting. It would be great if they were backward compatible but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleywilma View Post
Does any one know if the luggage is interchangable with 2018/2019 ATAS???
The hooks on the panniers on the new 2020 Africa Twin are different: measures do not match. This is already been confirmed by some dealer. It was easy predictable, unfortunately.

post #117 of 152 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 03:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
I canít find the accessory documention. But using the FN switch are relay will be activated so I hope to find the service manual very quickly or the partnumbers then I can see how it is working. Same with the onboard gps. For carplay it is stupid that honda didnít implement wifi. I will get a device to test or it also can work wireless.
Accessory documentation is available at the Honda accessory portal: http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/TERMS010.aspx

post #118 of 152 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitjc View Post
Thanks! That link is so useful for me. I converted the pricing over to Canadian dollars and made a spreadsheet. I now have ammo for when I go into my dealer to make the final deal. The difference in the package prices vs individual pieces is crazy. It would be mad to not get one of the packages if you are thinking of the Honda luggage.

Now if only Honda Canada could get their crap together enough to make the same thing available here. My dealer still doesn't have any information except what is on the Honda Canada website yet. You'd think Honda marketing/sales would be better prepared.
Honda marketing on local level is no good. I expected that if you are on of the first people buy a 2020 ATAS that they give a present 🎁 or at least let here something.
I ask them a month ago for the pricelist of the accessories but the only answer was the dealer now it. But even they didn,t know it.
The prices here in EU are already different between the countries I found prices in Spain 15%to 20% cheaper without shipping but shipping in EU is not so expensive.
That price list for the accessories is in some countries including labour for installation trough the dealer.
Here in Holland I paid already 3300 euro more (22345,00)for the bike then in Germany or Belgium.
Spare parts are I believe your country and US 50 % cheaper then in EU.
I have seen the Honda luggage in stainless steel version and it is really good and strong.
circuitjc likes this.
post #119 of 152 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltabi View Post
Accessory documentation is available at the Honda accessory portal: http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/TERMS010.aspx
I donít see the crf1100 there. I am also looking for the service manual of the bike.
So if someone has it or know the part number let me know
post #120 of 152 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 02:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
I donít see the crf1100 there. ...
Here you are...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermata 2019-11-05 alle 19.29.04.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	51023  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page