I also see a few negative points already:
- Higher price. One of the selling points for the <2019 ATAS was how much bike you get for your dollar.
- The new Double Dash looks off. Couldn't they have incorporated speed and gear on the nav screen?
- The cruisecontrol switches should be on the left switchgear, so as to avoid jerking the throttle while trying to activate this function.
- Speaking of switchgear, I count fourteen (14!) different buttons on the left switchgear alone! That's probably clumsy to operate.
- The standard Africa Twin still has Tube Type tires.
- Personally I prefer the looks of the "old" bike.
Regarding your negative points above:
- Yes, too high price. In my country (Italy) they are expliciting targeting BMW's GS customers: they dropped the standard suspension Adv Sport configuration so we only got ES expensive version (around 20k euros!).
- The double dash unfortunately is needed because the Car Play takes ownership of the whole TFT and they needed a way to replicate basic info and engine lights. To me it looks off, too.
- Cruise control switches are well thought: in the video they show how easy (and natural) is using them with the right inch, in a single move you can switch it on and set the speed. I think they really studied it well.
- Switches on the left side looks overwhelming, but I think we need to see in real world how they perform. The touchable TFT will help a lot, I suppose. In the meantime they put the pass/high beam command in the proper place, at last.
- Standard AT is an off road machine, like they say. So it looks natural it has tubes. For sure there will be a lot of people looking for the tubeless wheels of the Adv!
- For a judgement about the look I'll wait to see it live, probably in EICMA 2019 at the beginning of november. The current is really nice, but some fresh design is welcome, in my opinion.
Having said that, I think I'll surely upgrade to an ES Adventure Sports, but not soon. I would like to use my MY2018 Standard some more time as I really like it (and I have to pay off debt
)... I just need to replace a couple parts to make it more enjoyable (rear shock, mainly, probably with an AirTender unit).