Reasons I have my order in for the New Africa Twin:
1. Weight of unit - Honda NC750 DCT weight is 500 lbs
Suzuki VStrom 650 weight is 490 lbs
BMW R1250 GS is 549 lbs
2020 Honda Africa Twin DCT Sports ES weight is 520 with the new light frame
So, not really a issue.
2. More power in the 2020 Honda Africa Twin DCT Sports is increased to 100 horse power. Any motorcycle that will run the speed limit is all I really need.
So, more power makes no difference to me, as it is not needed for most situations I will get into.
3. New frame with lower set high makes a big difference to me, as I could not even consider riding the 2019 Honda Africa Twin with out folks posted to catch me at every stop. The new lower seat height standard is 33.4 inches and you can buy a lower seat if needed. Only 1/4 of an inch higher than my 2016 model.
So, the new frame on the Honda Africa Twin is a big plus for me.
4. 525 drive chain as opposed to the 520 drive chain. Could get a BMW R 1250 GS with shaft drive, but it is $7000 more.
So, got no problem with chain life that is almost double that of the 520 drive chain.
5. Rims are spoked tubeless size 21 inch and 18 inch the perfect dirt size rims and tires.
So, on the road I will only have to plug the tire, and not change the tube. Over the years I believe I have had a flat on a motorcycle in every state. Plug a whole lot easier.
6. Electronic Suspension.
So, no more bent rims when I go to the dirt. I did bend and brake a few rims. Oh yeah, will not have to stop and let air out of the tire in the dirt and add air when on the pavement.
7. Extended Warranty a must with all these electric modules.
So, I will have to purchase the 8 year extended warranty at around a grand.
8. Cruise Control.
So, no more fingers going to sleep when spending long hours on the road
9. When you open the seat now you turn the key and the back seat comes off first. Easy push lever to remove the front seat now.
So, easy to get the book out from under the seat, and install the seat in the low position.
10. Will not be available for about 6 months
So, with my luck the next tsunami storm is about to total another Honda plant in Japan. It always takes me almost a year to get my new motorcycle from the time I ordered it. Also, I will be beyond rabbit if DCTFAN gets his before I do this time.
10. So, I ordered my 2020 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sport ES DCT about 5 minutes after I saw the bike about 5 days ago. Bad thing is I now have to get back into ducking practice before my wife finds out.
One thing about being in your mid 70’s is you know what to expect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Besides I most likely will not live long enough to pay off this bike, but what a good time I will have going out!!!