Dodged the 2020 bullet - Page 8 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
View Poll Results: Will you get a new 2020 when available?
No 70 64.22%
Yes as soon as I can. 18 16.51%
When I pay my current AT off. 6 5.50%
Undecided a bit to much $$$$ 15 13.76%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

60Likes

post #71 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 02:43 PM

Atas dct es - 22.480 chf (20.566,35€)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArqCC View Post
Atas dct es - 22.480 chf (20.566,35€)
Yes, no matter where you are in the world it is a bit pricey, but from what I’m seeing in upgrades it certainly looks like it is worth the extra money...

“If necessity is the mother of inventions, then laziness is the baby daddy.” A.A.
post #73 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Dragon View Post
Yes, no matter where you are in the world it is a bit pricey, but from what I’m seeing in upgrades it certainly looks like it is worth the extra money...
Sorry but I don't think so, as I now have my Triumph, for 7'000 less okay 6hp less and not the last ABS and cornering lights or fancy suspensions, but heating seat and 213 Kg, I can also allready attest to doing the same or even better MPG, with 19l tank I got 450Km in rain mode, so I'll take my 5l jerrycan, that's worth 7000Chf .
Also the Tiger 1200 is 19'750 in Switzerland and they give you the luggage for free right now too, the specs of the 1200 are on par with ATAS, so definitely you pay for the Honda badge here.
Even the "overpriced" Ducati Multistrada 1260 S, is 21'490Chf, so a thousand less... So in Switzerland at least the ATAS is not really placed well price wise.

Not saying the Tiger 1200 or Multistrada are as capable on dirt, depends on your needs, will the ATAS 2020 be a capable machine, absolutely but overpriced !

Ps. Not trying to be annoying or make people buy a Triumph, honestly all bikes nowadays are so good at what they do, it's difficult to buy a bad one, but still I feel it needs to be said, Honda are exagerating on the price tags while not delivering Ducati finish either.

Yamaha XJ6 : the one who started it all (sold)
Kawasaki Versys 650 : 1st trail and sportbike predator (sold after accident)
Yamaha FZ8 : sexiest of them all (sold )
Yamaha MT-09 : waking the hooligan in me (sold not to die...)
Africa Twin : taming the hooligan slightly
Fazer 8 : the every day jack of all tades

Last edited by Djairouks; 10-07-2019 at 03:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djairouks View Post
Sorry but I don't think so, as I now have my Triumph, for 7'000 less okay 6hp less and not the last ABS and cornering lights or fancy suspensions, but heating seat and 213 Kg, I can also allready attest to doing the same or even better MPG, with 19l tank I got 450Km in rain mode, so I'll take my 5l jerrycan, that's worth 7000Chf .
Also the Tiger 1200 is 19'750 in Switzerland and they give you the luggage for free right now too, the specs of the 1200 are on par with ATAS, so definitely you pay for the Honda badge here.
Even the "overpriced" Ducati Multistrada 1260 S, is 21'490Chf, so a thousand less... So in Switzerland at least the ATAS is not really placed well price wise.

Not saying the Tiger 1200 or Multistrada are as capable on dirt, depends on your needs, will the ATAS 2020 be a capable machine, absolutely but overpriced !

Ps. Not trying to be annoying or make people buy a Triumph, honestly all bikes nowadays are so good at what they do, it's difficult to buy a bad one, but still I feel it needs to be said, Honda are exagerating on the price tags while not delivering Ducati finish either.
I’m more or less saying they did do upgrades for the money and if you or I were to do the upgrades they did, it wouldn’t be for 2000$ As for price that will wildly very they are in the business to make money so yea they will over charge in places where they can and I’m sure in some places they won’t make much on the bike because of local government charges and fees that will dictate the bottom line in purchasing. Point being I know I couldn’t have done all the upgrades, both mechanical and electronics for 2000.00$... it’s comparing apples to apples, yea one might cost more, one might cost less, and yes they are both apples... But you most likely will prefer the looks and flavor of one over the other, one could be better for pies, one better for carving and eating. In the end it’s your own personal enjoyment that matters and the way you would mostly use it.
I will add here in the US the ATAS ES DCT (the highest price AT) @17999.00$ is close to the price of the Tiger1200XRx @ 18900.00$ the Tiger1200XCa is 22000.00$
So basically 4000.00$ more for Tigers top end then Honda’s top end AT
ArqCC likes this.

“If necessity is the mother of inventions, then laziness is the baby daddy.” A.A.

Last edited by AT-Dragon; 10-07-2019 at 06:40 AM.
post #75 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 01:35 PM

Djairouks don’t ,t forget the import taxes for outside EU which makes it more expensieve then $17.999 what they pay in USA. Like in our country import 6% (to protect the germany,uk italian bike suppliers) then 21% VAT and then 22,1% Co2 tax so I pay 6000 euro more the in the US. So it is not Honda or other manufacturers but our governments who will have never enough. It surprised me that in your country they also get crazy. But I think we all know the problem is.
post #76 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitf View Post
Djairouks don’t ,t forget the import taxes for outside EU which makes it more expensieve then $17.999 what they pay in USA. Like in our country import 6% (to protect the germany,uk italian bike suppliers) then 21% VAT and then 22,1% Co2 tax so I pay 6000 euro more the in the US. So it is not Honda or other manufacturers but our governments who will have never enough. It surprised me that in your country they also get crazy. But I think we all know the problem is.
Switzerland is supposed to be this really rich country, but people are not... so basically everything is more expensive here, there's no direct link with prices from the rest of europe most of the time, bikes were even worse until 2013 when the main dealers in switzerland, realized most of us where buying in France, then doing the custom work to get the bike home and you would easily spare 2000Chf for a motorcycle compared to swiss prices… so after 2013 they adjusted the price down so that the custom work with french price, is slightly less than swiss prices, to still make money but discourage people from buying in France with custom papers and work !

But still last service from Honda, I checked the parts in US websites and that's where we still get massively ******, prices are 2 to 4 times more in Switzerland and our VAT is 7.7%...

Last edited by Djairouks; 10-07-2019 at 02:21 PM.
post #77 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Dragon View Post
I’m more or less saying they did do upgrades for the money and if you or I were to do the upgrades they did, it wouldn’t be for 2000$ As for price that will wildly very they are in the business to make money so yea they will over charge in places where they can and I’m sure in some places they won’t make much on the bike because of local government charges and fees that will dictate the bottom line in purchasing. Point being I know I couldn’t have done all the upgrades, both mechanical and electronics for 2000.00$... it’s comparing apples to apples, yea one might cost more, one might cost less, and yes they are both apples... But you most likely will prefer the looks and flavor of one over the other, one could be better for pies, one better for carving and eating. In the end it’s your own personal enjoyment that matters and the way you would mostly use it.
I will add here in the US the ATAS ES DCT (the highest price AT) @17999.00$ is close to the price of the Tiger1200XRx @ 18900.00$ the Tiger1200XCa is 22000.00$
So basically 4000.00$ more for Tigers top end then Honda’s top end AT
Indeed seems it's really dependant of the country, 17'999$ is 17'896chf crazy when you think about it, that it's almost 5000 more than US !
I just checked Suzuki Vstrom prices, and it's far closer between US and Switzerland, 13'299$ compared to 14'495Chf, so yeah further proof that there's no logic.

Last edited by Djairouks; 10-07-2019 at 02:57 PM.
post #78 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 02:46 PM

I complained Honda about the EU price policy for spare parts but no result. If I need parts I order from US even with shipping a lot cheaper. Honda Europe knows it but they will not change may be if Max Verstappen wins the F1 in Japan they wake up.
With cars we do the same as you in germany it is much cheaper then in the Netherlands most car above 50000 euro are import. When you buy them with 1000km and half a year old it save you between 3000 to 10000 euro. Every 4 wheeldrive here is expensive due to Co2 regulations. A landrover defender cost 50000 but the co2 tax is 60000. It is really crazy voting on green parties makes the normal working class poor.
Good luck
post #79 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitf View Post
I complained Honda about the EU price policy for spare parts but no result. If I need parts I order from US even with shipping a lot cheaper. Honda Europe knows it but they will not change may be if Max Verstappen wins the F1 in Japan they wake up.
With cars we do the same as you in germany it is much cheaper then in the Netherlands most car above 50000 euro are import. When you buy them with 1000km and half a year old it save you between 3000 to 10000 euro. Every 4 wheeldrive here is expensive due to Co2 regulations. A landrover defender cost 50000 but the co2 tax is 60000. It is really crazy voting on green parties makes the normal working class poor.
Good luck
Yeah I'm for the environment, but these parties have no Fucking clue, now in switzerland some would like to put so tax on plane travels, to discourage people from travelling.
These idiots won't invest this money in the environment, everyone knows this, it's just another tax, this world is sure going down the toilet...

post #80 of 152 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphib View Post
...I'm not financially able to play that game.
Isn't that anything, be it an automobile, motorcycle, or a television? A thousand dollar iPhone isn't worth $200 two years later.

If you ask me, the "new" features of the 2020 is more about Honda catching up to what should have already been offered on earlier models than it is about introducing new technology. ****, my 2004 Road King has cruise control...

Conversely, If Honda had released the 2020 as nothing but a relabeled 2019 model, everyone would be bitching about the lack of improvements.

------
Trebor

2017 Africa Twin DCT
2016 BMW S1000XR
2004 HD Road King

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page