No 2 5.88%
Why would I ? Im just gonna mod it to the way I ride 2 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

2Likes

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipD View Post
Rubber grease is your friend, put some on all the rubber grommets that the plastic tabs go into and the plastics come off and on very easy and you don't break the plastic pins. You can weld the pins back in place if you do break them, put a dab of superglue to fix them in the correct position then take a small 25w soldering iron and a small cable tie and weld it back in place(using the cable tie like a welding rod to feed more material into the pin as required) making sure you keep the same shape as the original.
Agreed but I see his point sometimes they just kinda do stupid designs that, when disassembling, make it easy to break, like tabs instead of the post and grommets like you are referring to. It’s to easy to snap them while trying to figure out just how something is attached...

If necessity is the mother of inventions, then laziness is the baby daddy. A.A.

Last edited by AT-Dragon; 09-30-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvArt View Post
I think it's a good idea. But I would have liked to have seen the option to put tubeless rims on the "Enduro" model And maybe the option for the larger fuel tank. On my 2016 I used to occasionally carry a rotopax for extra fuel, so bigger tank would be a nice option. Since I ride 50/50, I don't need/want the ES.

But overall I think it's a great idea they have multiple models
Pretty much what you would have liked (and I as well) is available in other countries, just not here. It's the AT Adventure Sport (with regular suspension), apparently Honda US has chosen to only import the regular Africa Twin and Africa Twin Adventure Sport ES. Might contact Honda Powersports https://powersports.honda.com/contact-us
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 12:57 PM

2018:
I liked the red/black/white scheme of the AT - but the extra height and better suspension of the ATAS makes it worth it to me.
I like the extra tank capacity of the ATAS - but don't like how I have less leg room.
I like the rack/grab handles of the AT better than the ATAS because they fit a passenger's hands better (I've carried a passenger on both and it was a big deal to her).
I like the height of the ATAS seat better than the AT - but I like the shape of the AT seat better (another noticable difference to my passenger).
Black rims vs gold - I'll swap my gold rims for black if anyone wants to trade...

2020:
The Adventure no longer has a taller suspension, and the seats are the same - but it has electronic suspension and cruise control. It also has tubeless rims. I like tubeless, but I'll bring tubes on trips to Baja or AlCan...

I think as far as the 2018, the ATAS was more dirt oriented because of the better suspension - but for 2020 I think the AT is better for offroad with the caveat that over for longer than day trips the Adventure would be a better pick. For trips down Baja or Patagonia - the extra 1.5 gallons of gas in the Adventure isn't as big of a deal as the electronic suspension and cruise control (because I'll still take an auxilary tank). I won't be trading up though - not intentionally at least...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page