Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Portable Jack to lift bike in event of a fall

10K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  ghorgan 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a portable jack to lift an Africa Twin in the event of a fall and you are out there on your own.
I have seen the one by motobikejack and another by Snow Jack looking for something similar to those in the UK or Europe.

snow jack dot com
Moto bike jack dot com

I think are the web addresses.

Thank you in advance for you help or comments.

#4 ·
I've got the motobikejack one. I've only tested it to make sure I knew how to use it before I had to. Works well. One minor detail; It comes in a canvas bag. Make sure the parts are tightly wrapped in it, otherwise movement will put a hole in the bag. I learned the hard way after a very rough/washboard section of dirt and opened the case to see a hole in the bag.

It is a little on the heavy side, but I won't ride solo without it after having been stuck in a remote location where I couldn't lift my bike (Triumph Tiger XCx at the time)

#6 ·
I use a 6 to 1 block and tackle off of my sailboat to lift the bike out of real bad spots. It's light weight and you can make a bridal which can be clicked onto the bike in several places depending on where you need to lift. The 6 to1 has 6 feet of travel and I carry a 100 feet of lightweight rope so I can either attach it to a tree or to a stake in the ground to leverage the bike upright. With a bit of stretchy rope, you can hook it to the front of the bike, pull tension on the 6 to 1 and use it to pull you out of a rut or the mud while on the bike and giving it some gas. Way better than a jack.

#7 ·
I got the eastbound jack, and their tire repair kit.
I like both of them..
I have yet to use the “jack” because I have no problem picking her up, I really just got the jack for emergency use, like if she’s napping on my leg or trees in the way where I can’t really get room to snatch her upright..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.