Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

U.S. Oil market.

4K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  AT-Dragon 
#1 · (Edited)
Is it just me... Why is an oil change on a ATAS DCT around the same price has my truck?
Been getting this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tusk-Honda...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Tho lately been thinking of going back to my Mobil1 Racing 4T Motorcycle Full Synthetic
Never really priced out the difference by getting them separate, but I usually prefer to have everything but the oil on hand and usually get 6-8 filters at a time when I order them, lol just got a pack of 100 crush washers for the plugs a while back, found a great deal (at the time) on a pack of 10 and ordered a few...

Well doesn’t really matter at the moment. This morning I ordered that kit above, I’ve got from them before and for me the shipment come pretty quick and it is really convenient. Tho I do have to find just both the filters at a good price and order a few of each. Yea I know Honda recommends changing the DCT filter every other oil change, but what the **** gotta change the other one so I figure it can’t hurt to have a new clean better flowing filter there to. Even if it is overkill... But a lot of time I do ride like there is a axe murder chasing me. So I do usually change my oil sooner then recommend too..

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Lol sorry, I guess more to the point yes FIVE quarts the same as a car engine but 1/4 the size...
Just seems like a lot of oil for a small engine even considering the oil needed for the DCT..

#6 · (Edited)
Yes, so do all bikes, unless you were referring to the valves for the DCT. Even that addition to the right had side of the case is not that big. Lol we’re talking almost 10 pounds of oil for a two cylinder 998cc. LOL but I guess that 10lbs mostly hanging around the lower part of the engine would help lower the center of gravity :grin2:

#10 · (Edited)
Yea forgot all about HD and their setups. But still for the vast majority of bikes it’s more than the average...
But then I did just come from the pinnacle of cheapness a KLR650 - oil change $23.00 with filter..

#11 ·
Huh?
So according to Honda:
3.9 L is 4.1 u.s. qt.
And
4.0L is 4.2 u.s. qt
But
4.8 L is magically 3.9 u.s. qt’s
Is this some kinda more for less thing? I thought it was more like 5.07 u.s. qt’s but what do I know..

Attachments

#16 ·
Yea, just me overdramatizing the obvious...I would assume they had a good reason to do it, other than to sell oil..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.