Dyno Tune / Race Exhaust - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 12Likes

Old 04-07-2016, 02:26 AM

It's not quite clear from this blurb released by Termignoni, but suggests no alteration is needed with the full system. Personally, I'd like to have my fuelling checked just to be on the safe side.

To satisfy the requests of high performance from the owner of the new Africa Twin CRF1000L, are now available the racing collectors developed by Termignoni in collaboration with Honda. Made in stainless steel they can be easily fitted on the bike associated to the silencer previously presented and is not needed any modification to the ECU. In terms of weight the collectors are one Kilo lighter (2 kilos instead of 3) but the most important thing is given by the engine performance. The combination collectors + silencer offers a very important increase of power (+ 4.08 hp at 7.570 rpm) and torque (+ 5,28 Nm at 3.000 rpm) in most of the working range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2016, 04:05 AM

That's great if that's the case.

I wonder what Arrow has to say as that's the one I'd likely get to use with my Remus.

2016 Tricolor DCT
Old 04-07-2016, 04:21 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonypvs View Post
I have ordered a full Termignoni race system for my Africa Twin which is due to be fitted at the end of April when the first batch come into the country.

They were due last week but there has been a quality control issue with the downpipes and they are delayed whilst Termignoni resolve the issues they are having

There is no Dynojet Power commander for the CRF at the moment but I have spoken to Frank Wrathall at Dynojet UK and once my full system is in the country I am taking my bike up to FW Developments in Preston and leave it with them for a few days.

They are going to design a prototype Power Commander around my bike and then do fuel maps for the standard system, A map for the standard headers with a Termi mufffler and then one for the Termi full system.

I would imagine that the CRF is running pretty lean to get 50-60 mpg so we will see what difference a power-commander and a full system will make.

All the best

Simon

I will update with Dyno Graphs when the work has been done.
I cant help wonder if there is anything to be gained out of removing the CAT with a slip on fitted ? Does the temi headers / race pipe have a CAT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2016, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory View Post
I cant help wonder if there is anything to be gained out of removing the CAT with a slip on fitted ? Does the temi headers / race pipe have a CAT
Getting rid of the cat definitely makes a power difference on most bikes. Big gain on my S10 when I switched to the arrow headers.

2016 Tricolor DCT
Old 04-07-2016, 04:47 AM

Garage
I removed the cat on my HP2 enduro and had to put in a wilbers piggy back chip to get more fuel in , also running so lean before that terminal damage was doing to happen .. made a HUGE difference once it got the fuel ratio right . (need to get the goodies for mapping mod before we can try this )
Old 04-07-2016, 08:44 AM

The Termi full system does not have any Catalytic converter fitted so this should, with the increase in the bore of the headers increase the flow of gasses out of the exhaust.

I would imagine that the bike would then run extremely lean and lead to pinking at best, valve damage at its worst which is why I am having the Power Commander put on the bike at the same time.

I am sure the bike will give out a few more horses but not sure how many.

I will be pleased with 100bhp and a stack load more torque as I am coming off a Multistrada 1200 and onto the Africa Twin.
Rory likes this.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:53 AM

Garage
Cool !!! please keep us posted , wrt the power commander and increase in power and NM.
simonypvs likes this.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZStreet View Post
Lowcruzr,

Which track will you go to. Come to Cayuga and we can race...lol. You strap down the
front end and put lowering links on the rear suspension and you can launch it without wheeling,
Makes a huge difference to your e.t. I saw a stock R6 go 9's by using this method and
without it....11's. Is yours a DCT or a manual transmission bike....
http://empiredragway.com/index.html

Yes, old trick, however, I saw a guy have a strap break mid track and pop his front end up. He left in an ambulance. I'm not looking to make it any faster than it is. I always run my bikes bone stock, sans lowering, exhaust, intakes, etc. I just like the fun of being at the track with good people.

I wasn't fast enough to order one here so I'll be waiting for quite some time at this point. I'm still up in the air about which trans to get. I don't think I'm ready for modern technology.

Current:
'15 KTM Duke 390

Past:
'03 Kawi Z1000
'95 Honda VFR750S
Old 04-08-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowcruzr View Post

Yes, old trick, however, I saw a guy have a strap break mid track and pop his front end up. He left in an ambulance. I'm not looking to make it any faster than it is. I always run my bikes bone stock, sans lowering, exhaust, intakes, etc. I just like the fun of being at the track with good people.

I wasn't fast enough to order one here so I'll be waiting for quite some time at this point. I'm still up in the air about which trans to get. I don't think I'm ready for modern technology.
Harley Sportster might be a better fit?

2016 Tricolor DCT
Old 04-08-2016, 02:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Ad Venture View Post
Harley Sportster might be a better fit?
OUCH!

::: picks up remnants of ego from the floor:::

Current:
'15 KTM Duke 390

Past:
'03 Kawi Z1000
'95 Honda VFR750S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in