Tool Kit ????? - Page 5 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 32Likes

post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 02:03 PM

Same here: Fuse puller and reversible screwdriver. Got the bike from CC powersports, Clarksville, IN (Louisville KY metro). Mine didn't have a manual either....Dealer said US bikes don't get full kit, dunno why......Pathetic...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehanska View Post
Same here: Fuse puller and reversible screwdriver. Got the bike from CC powersports, Clarksville, IN (Louisville KY metro). Mine didn't have a manual either....Dealer said US bikes don't get full kit, dunno why......Pathetic...
Your manual is definitely included, it should be in an envelope that was in the crate. Have fun riding in the Derby traffic and have a Hot Brown for me. I used to live in La Grange, near Looaville!
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 12:34 AM

They had to order me a manual: Got it a week after I bought the bike. My girlfriend runs a Fed Ex across from the cursed track. Not many ADV type riders around here, but there are lots of killer logging roads......
james.mc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 07:08 PM

Took my tool box off last night and seem to hv full kit.rev screw driver,couple of spanners,spark plug remover,fuse remover.nothing in size to adjust my chain.had all I needed in my 2011 cbf 600.not worth the hassle of taking tool box off again so il make up a proper quality tool kit and leave it in my panniers
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 01:16 AM

Thought I would share this idea. Cut a two inch piece of 5/8 heater hose then cut about 1/4 inch slice out of hose. Wraps nicely around Motion Pro levers and snugs right into u-lock cylinders.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tool image.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	951.2 KB
ID:	27137  
james.mc, eltel62, kaosad and 1 others like this.
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 03:21 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojoeaster View Post
Thought I would share this idea. Cut a two inch piece of 5/8 heater hose then cut about 1/4 inch slice out of hose. Wraps nicely around Motion Pro levers and snugs right into u-lock cylinders.
Thats neat! Thanks for sharing.

regards
James Mc
Africa Twin Canada eh?

Current: 2017 CRF1000L DCT
Previous: 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
Previous: 2003 Honda Varadero XL1000V (bought 2003, Sadly left behind in Europe)
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 01:55 PM

Garage
No surprises here... yesterday I wanted to check my battery tender fuse, so I got into my tool kit. As others experienced, I thought those two screws were going to strip! All I had was the vinyl bag with reversible screwdriver and the tiny fuse puller. lolz Honda

I threw out the bag and wound up a motorcycle jumper cable; it fit nicely. Also, now I know I need to carry a full size blade fuse replacement for the plug - and a spare 30A just in case I actually want to use the jumper cables.

So... tool kit? I carry a real tool kit I built when away from home. When close to home my tool kit is my AAA card with Plus RV/motorcycle service.

-motofabio
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 09:43 PM

All I got was a screw driver, a fuse puller & a little bag + rubber strap. From what I've read this is standard in the US - we got screwed.

I'm working on building a pretty robust tookit using the Mosko Moto tool roll. I'm going to post some pictures once I'm done.
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 10:11 AM

The best tool box EVER it holds my sockets, torque wrench , tire removal tools,, spare chain , chain lube and more 👌👍👍👍👀👀👀👀

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page