AT Low Seat - Page 4 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 13Likes

post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 03:34 PM

I'm only 5'5" with an inseam of 29" and I've never had issues stopping or launching bikes, and never lowered bikes to cater my needs/challenges. So long as I can get the balls of one of my foot touching the ground I'm good. But that's with sportbikes.

The AT's seat height is much higher than your typical sportbikes, but I can still tripod the bike however it places a lot of strain on my hips. I thought about purchasing the low seat but after reading the reviews a lot of people have complained about the lack of cushion and how it felt like they were sitting on the frame. LOL

I tried to position the seat to the low position using this guy's instruction vid but it didn't feel any different:
https://youtu.be/H6dCge9J6_8

Then yesterday I came across this pic and noticed the seat was positioned differently. I immediately knew the instruction vid above was incorrect.

Searched on youtube again and came across the same vid Petey posted.
https://youtu.be/XOr5IwH7p2w

Ran into the garage and....holy moly, toes on both feet are now touching the ground!!!

I could not tell you just how happy I was!

Goes to show...do your research guys! There are plenty of bad info out there! LOL
Drum Dog and MPNM like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 10:37 PM

Has anyone tried sliding the fork tubes up in the triple-clamps a bit, to lower overall height? I've done this on a couple of dual-sports, with good results.
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 08:57 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
I'm only 5'5" with an inseam of 29" and I've never had issues stopping or launching bikes, and never lowered bikes to cater my needs/challenges. So long as I can get the balls of one of my foot touching the ground I'm good. But that's with sportbikes.

The AT's seat height is much higher than your typical sportbikes, but I can still tripod the bike however it places a lot of strain on my hips. I thought about purchasing the low seat but after reading the reviews a lot of people have complained about the lack of cushion and how it felt like they were sitting on the frame. LOL

I tried to position the seat to the low position using this guy's instruction vid but it didn't feel any different:
https://youtu.be/H6dCge9J6_8

Then yesterday I came across this pic and noticed the seat was positioned differently. I immediately knew the instruction vid above was incorrect.

Searched on youtube again and came across the same vid Petey posted.
https://youtu.be/XOr5IwH7p2w

Ran into the garage and....holy moly, toes on both feet are now touching the ground!!!

I could not tell you just how happy I was!

Goes to show...do your research guys! There are plenty of bad info out there! LOL
Yes, when you get it in the low position once correctly it is easy to do everytime. It is easy to get the front and back at mismatched heights too, normally the back in the low position and the front still in the high position. When the front is in the low position it leaves the tank seat indentations exposed as in the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide1.JPG
Views:	423
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	29034   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide2.JPG
Views:	404
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	29042   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide3.JPG
Views:	406
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	29050  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 09:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltel62 View Post
Yes, when you get it in the low position once correctly it is easy to do everytime. It is easy to get the front and back at mismatched heights too, normally the back in the low position and the front still in the high position. When the front is in the low position it leaves the tank seat indentations exposed as in the pics.
Yes, pressing down on the middle of the seat rather than the front is definitely key to getting the forward hook into the right position when using low setting.
eltel62 likes this.
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 11:03 PM

wanting to buy stock seat for my 2016 Africa twin
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 09:40 AM

I'm 5'5". I've been riding around with the low seat for daily riding, and it suits for that. With that being said, I have a 2-3 week trip coming up, and will be using the normal seat for that as I do find it much more plush than the low one.
MPNM likes this.

2017 Tri-Colour Africa Twin, 2005 VFR800. AT Accessories: Bumot SideCases and TopCase, Barkbusters, Kaoko throttle Lock, Honda heated grips, Centre Stand and accessory plug, Eastern Beaver fuse box.
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 02:27 AM

Does anybody know if the Low Seat for the Standard version can also be used in the ATAS?

and what will the low seat low position height be on the ATAS?

Cheers!
MPNM likes this.
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 05:50 PM

Wondering also if anyone has tried the Low Seat 08R01-MJP-G50ZB on a 2018 Africa Twin Adventure Sports Edition? I believe it will work fine but would love to hear it “absolutely fits” before buying it.
Thanks!

2018 Africa Twin Adv Sports 30th Anniversary Edition 😁

Freedom is not free.
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPNM View Post
Wondering also if anyone has tried the Low Seat 08R01-MJP-G50ZB on a 2018 Africa Twin Adventure Sports Edition? I believe it will work fine but would love to hear it “absolutely fits” before buying it.
Thanks!
Absolutely fits, I have it on my ATAS.

Cheers!
MPNM likes this.
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 06:50 PM

Thank you!
gvmumbral likes this.

2018 Africa Twin Adv Sports 30th Anniversary Edition 😁

Freedom is not free.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page