2018 AT Footpegs - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 15Likes

post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:04 AM

I do like the look for sure and agree $150 for quality is money well spent. I have never regretted buying good products but have paid many times over for trying to save a buck.

I could use some more room on my left foot too.
Blake Talton likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:17 PM

Blake, I noticed you have the AltRider footbrake pad with the riser. How do you like the riser, I've heard both good and not so good.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
the altrider brake control is just OK. Maybe for a long ride it would help but not something I would spend the money on again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Detjen View Post
I like the stock pegs and their rubber cushion. The thought of lowering the pegs a bit is intriguing though. I spent some time riding a 2017 AT, and my legs fit the tank perfectly when I was in the low spot of the seat. My 36 inch inseam made me bend my legs a bit or shoot them out when I put my feet down - but I was ok with it. They sold the 2017 I was looking at - and made a deal on a 2018 ATAS. A bit more suspension and a bit more seat padding - standing over the bike with an inch and a half extra made me fit perfectly. But when I put my feet onto the pegs - the higher seat (and changes to the tank) meant that my knees no longer have the room I'd like. I compromise by using the seat in the low position - which also moves it back a bit. But to save my knees I'm sitting even farther back than what I really want which has me sliding forward and just not being where I want to be for handling the bike. I have plenty of ground clearance - but I wonder if it is noticeable that the lowered pegs make you set your feet further apart also? I put lowered passenger pegs on my FZ-09 but ended up taking them off because my girlfriend didn't like how they made her spread her feet farther. Hmm - worth looking into...

The feet do not move except up and down. It's not moving the mounting location, just dropping the platform straight down. I am 6'4" tall with a 36" inseam also. Keeping blood flow to the legs on long rides is key. the less bend in the knee allows more flow.
MrRobb likes this.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 08:51 PM

thanks Blake for the info. I've heard that before, but what about when your standing up on the pegs is there a benefit then? For me when I'm standing up and reach for the brake pedal it seems that I have to press down quite a lot. Thanks for your information in advance.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Talton View Post
The feet do not move except up and down. It's not moving the mounting location, just dropping the platform straight down. I am 6'4" tall with a 36" inseam also. Keeping blood flow to the legs on long rides is key. the less bend in the knee allows more flow.
Using the stock pegs my feet are up against the frame - over the pivot for the pegs. So my feet will be out about an inch further on each side to clear the mount for the pegs. Angling my feet in towards the shifter and brake pedal might be uncomfortable. It's just a matter of which is more comfortable. I might mock up a set with wood just to test the fit...
MrRobb likes this.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 12:47 PM

I'm going to try these "fit over stock" aluminum ones. Can't go wrong for under $23.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 10:18 AM

I bought some

I bought some, and I love them. I bought the standard spec size Large
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190706_104333.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	49477  
Blake Talton and MrRobb like this.

1 John 5:14
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

2018 Honda Africa Twin 1000LD DCT (Black and Bronze)
2018 Kawasaki KLR 650
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 07:38 PM

Garage
Love my pivot pegz, but just like yours THEY WILL EAT YOUR LEGS/CALVES. But I must say I did by the condomís for mine, those rubber toppers are kinda nice for everyday commuting...

https://pivotpegz.com/collections/honda
Blake Talton likes this.

ďIf necessity is the mother of inventions, then laziness is the baby daddy.Ē A.A.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
the ONLY down fall I can find with these pegs are the sheer size. I chose to leave them raw to see the beauty of the stainless but man are these things sharp. I am going to have to pull them off and buff the edges on the outside so I stop cutting my legs open. While riding, I could do a two step while riding. I have room for days!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page