2018 AT Footpegs - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 8Likes

post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

2018 AT Footpegs

Just got in my footpegs I ordered from Bosley's Footpegs. WOW I'm keeping these babies Raw Stainless they are so good lookin.

I can dance on these pegs and never worry about falling off.

Still need to adjust the brake pedal as I had the pegs lowered for comfort.

So glad I went this route for the pegs, wearing a size 13 doesn't help with those pegs made for a Japanese school boy. So much more Comfort.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190618_145429.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	48959   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190618_150641.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	48961   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190618_150612.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	48963  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Talton View Post
Just got in my footpegs I ordered from Bosley's Footpegs. WOW I'm keeping these babies Raw Stainless they are so good lookin.

I can dance on these pegs and never worry about falling off.

Still need to adjust the brake pedal as I had the pegs lowered for comfort.

So glad I went this route for the pegs, wearing a size 13 doesn't help with those pegs made for a Japanese school boy. So much more Comfort.
Those look great. Shame that the makers of pegs charge so much money. They are small and don't require much steel, yet they all cost over a hundred fifty bucks. Yea, let me go get two Benjamins off the money tree in my back yard. The Bastages.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

to be honest, these pegs would run 250-300 if they were made here in the US. I used to be a metal fabricator for a living, the price I paid for these pegs (145.00 US) shipped to me from the Czech republic is far from a huge price. These are stainless steel (8mm thick) bent formed and tig welded. Do you know how to TIG weld? I do and it is a skill that requires payment. Price IMS pegs for a comparison
Robert Detjen likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

The whole peg is made from 8mm thick stainless steel, lowered 40mm from stock position and a huge platform to rest my foot on. All made by hand from one of the nicest guys in the Czech Republic. Radan is an artist for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190618_150447.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	48965  
MrRobb likes this.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 07:19 PM

Quote:
to be honest, these pegs would run 250-300 if they were made here in the US. I used to be a metal fabricator for a living, the price I paid for these pegs (145.00 US) shipped to me from the Czech republic is far from a huge price. These are stainless steel (8mm thick) bent formed and tig welded. Do you know how to TIG weld? I do and it is a skill that requires payment. Price IMS pegs for a comparison
....and anyone would pay 250-300 for foot pegs I have some nice property cheap in the fl everglades. They are beautiful, no doubt, and most practical. But that much for a simple set of pegs is like buying $100 buttons and sewing them on a shirt. Just say'n is all. Sticking with stock pegs unless my great aunt leaves me her fortune.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 09:35 PM

Garage
There are plenty of options in the $50 dollar range for pegs that are much more aggressive than stock. DRC's are $52. Black steel pegs that are more than adequate. I've done some dumb things with my Africa Twin wearing all kinds of footwear (Vans, Work Boots, Alpinestar Tech 10's) and never had a problem with the DRC pegs.

Not stealing from OP's thunder, the Bosley's look badass, but almost anything is better than stock IMO and you don't have to spend $100's. Save the fancy pegs for the moto bike =)
MrRobb likes this.

Shinko Tires - Fly Racing - Scorpion EXO
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 09:39 PM

Will look into those. Many thanks. Still hope my great aunt leaves me her fortune though :-)

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

If your bike is a 2016 or 2017 you have a billion options for super cheap pegs. If you have a 2018 or 2019 not such a big selection as they changed the whole peg.
Robert Detjen and MrRobb like this.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
If your bike is a 2016 or 2017 you have a billion options for super cheap pegs. If you have a 2018 or 2019 not such a big selection as they changed the whole peg.
2017, yea, seen lots of cheap options on eBay. Probably going for the $50 DCT ones.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 02:04 AM

I like the stock pegs and their rubber cushion. The thought of lowering the pegs a bit is intriguing though. I spent some time riding a 2017 AT, and my legs fit the tank perfectly when I was in the low spot of the seat. My 36 inch inseam made me bend my legs a bit or shoot them out when I put my feet down - but I was ok with it. They sold the 2017 I was looking at - and made a deal on a 2018 ATAS. A bit more suspension and a bit more seat padding - standing over the bike with an inch and a half extra made me fit perfectly. But when I put my feet onto the pegs - the higher seat (and changes to the tank) meant that my knees no longer have the room I'd like. I compromise by using the seat in the low position - which also moves it back a bit. But to save my knees I'm sitting even farther back than what I really want which has me sliding forward and just not being where I want to be for handling the bike. I have plenty of ground clearance - but I wonder if it is noticeable that the lowered pegs make you set your feet further apart also? I put lowered passenger pegs on my FZ-09 but ended up taking them off because my girlfriend didn't like how they made her spread her feet farther. Hmm - worth looking into...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page