Roadtrip on Transalpina in Romania - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 4Likes

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

Hei Clive. I honestly have no ideea what tips I can give apart from telling you a bit of my habbits for when I travel, not only in Romania, but everywhere else. At the accomodation chapter, I book them from Booking.com and look for the ones with a gated yard or private parking. I don't let easy acces luggages on the bike when I visit places, always take the tankbag with me. I have a chain I use when I park the bike. When dealing with the police I never offer bribe and try to be respectful and not to argue with them. If I don't have any accomodation booked, I usually talk to locals and ask them if they know a hotel or a pension around. They are usually very nice people and really try to help. From my experience, when going solo I usualy ask locals about the status of the roads and I avoid going ofroad without suport or backup. In the mountains there are a lot of places without mobile coverage and would hate to be stranded there alone. I think you already knew this stuff, but this is everything I do when I go for a ride no matter what country I visit and I never had any problems. Don't know if this helps but it worked for me so far. Cheers and have a great and safe ride. If you end up in Bucharest, you can give me a message and present you the old part of the city with some nice bars with good food and good beer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 01:47 PM

Thanks Cosmin, I usually find a hotel and plan my route on one of the websites the night before, priority is always safe parking for my bike. I find most hotels very helpful and have even parked in reception at a couple.

Bucharest is a possibility if I have time, I hear it's a good city to visit and I will be in touch if I visit Bucharest.

I will be using main highways and not off roading, at age 72 my days of doing that are over !!
Djairouks and Cosmin Si Atat like this.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 04:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari4711 View Post
Please let us know your experience after your ride on the Strategica. Thx. in advance, gerhard
Unfortunatly we didn't ride the Strategica becouse of the rain that fall in the last few days. I don't have much offroad experience and one Africa that was with me had road tires and we didn't want to risk getting stranded up there. But, that road is still on my to do list. Overall, the weekend around Sibiu was a total succes with amazing views and backroads through villages and mountain passes. I will work on the video editing and I will post the movie here so you can see how beautiful Sibiu region in Romania is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 01:49 AM

Garage
Hi Cosmin! Many thanks for letting us know. I'm looking forward to the video. Cheers, gerhard
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 11:44 AM

Garage
Great video Cosmin! Many thanks! As it looks by now I'll do the Strategica by begin of October. But with my old Dominator NX500 and not with the AT so far. And also not alone as I'll be part of a Touratech Tour for Big Enduros. Hope to have some video material after the tour. Cheers, gerhard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page