Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Crazy Video of AT hitting the single track full bore

10K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  yetiboy01 
#1 ·
This video shows how good the a standard AT is off road in capable hands, no suspension upgrades, just a set of knobbys, barkbusters & a bash plate & a big right hand. Check out the hill climb at 4:16 as he launch's pass failed dirt bikes on the side of the hill, video was shot around the Sunshine coast in QLD Australia

#5 ·
Savage. An equal mix of skill and craziness. No crash bars on it?
I can't bring myself to drop and destroy a 15,000$ bike. I'm glad to see in capable hands the bike can accomplish that type of riding though. Pretty cool to watch.

#9 ·
Very entertaining and great skills demonstrated. I wouldn't buy his bike second hand, though! If I were lucky enough to have trails like that close to my home, I'd want a lighter, cheaper bike for them. It's good to know the AT can handle it - but when I dropped mine at almost zero speed during a tight turn, the OEM handguard disintegrated completely!

#11 ·
I've got to admit, this video has me wondering if crash bars are really necessary? A proper bash plate, yes. Barkbusters, yes. But the AT seems to be able to take a punch without too much damage. Come to think of it, I've never had crash bars on any of my dirt bikes. Maybe they are not all that necessary. Anyone eat a dirt sandwich without crash bars and not sustain much damage?

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.