Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum

Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum (https://www.africatwinforum.com/forum/)
-   Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Videos (https://www.africatwinforum.com/forum/129-honda-crf1000l-africa-twin-videos/)
-   -   Riding ATAS in a bit of rain. (https://www.africatwinforum.com/forum/129-honda-crf1000l-africa-twin-videos/35175-riding-atas-bit-rain.html)

garyh 05-15-2019 01:57 PM

Riding ATAS in a bit of rain.

I've been testing mics in different locations, etc. for weeks, going crazy trying to get some half-way decent sound on my riding videos.

I did this test ride in the rain because the weather around here has been crap for a while.

It's just a fairly boring video of me putt-putting around town on some errands in the rain. I really wanted to test the new mic setup, so I went ahead and rode though I don't really like to ride in the rain much. (I have a perfectly good car for that).

But I think the sound is fairly decent, so I thought I'd share. See if you guys agree with me (re. the sound).

Thanks for watching, Gary

Petros Galiatsis 05-16-2019 03:53 AM

Hi Gary

I think that the mic picks up engine noise very well, but not so well your voice. I guess shooting videos like that one needs to hear the rider comments more than the engine noise, so maybe you should work a bit on that.

BTW, the Givi does seem to do a good job.....wandering how it works also on high speed regarding the air pressure on the shoulders.

garyh 05-16-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petros Galiatsis (Post 303787)
Hi Gary

I think that the mic picks up engine noise very well, but not so well your voice. I guess shooting videos like that one needs to hear the rider comments more than the engine noise, so maybe you should work a bit on that.

BTW, the Givi does seem to do a good job.....wandering how it works also on high speed regarding the air pressure on the shoulders.

Thanks Petros. If it comes to my voice or the bike sounding best, I'll take the bike. I've been jumping through hoops trying to capture the sound of the bike while riding. And with this setup, I was actually surprised that my voice came through as well as it did. So maybe I can tweak it some to capture both...

And re. the Givi screen at speed: hopefully I can shoot some video soon that shows just how well it works at highway speeds--I can go all day with that screen, just flat out incredibly comfortable. That Givi screen is by far my happiest addition to the bike.

I was a bit worried at first that the viewer's sight-line is through the screen, but I notice on most riding videos, where the camera is located on the helmet's chin, it's the same--even with the OEM screen. So I guess I can live with that.

Thanks again, Gary