Honda CRF1000L Prices Are Out! - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 5Likes

post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Honda CRF1000L Prices Are Out!

I looked at three different sites and the prices are the same but it's listed in Australian dollars.

The price in Australian dollars is as follows:

$15,499 for the base model
$16,999 for the ABS model
$17,999 for ABS-DCT model

Here's a bit of conversion from The Ride Advice.

Quote:
On a straight currency conversion basis, the base model Africa Twin in Australia equates to USD $11,395. Thus itís not hard to imagine the price coming in below $10,000 in the US. Other rivals to the new Africa Twin include the Triumph Tiger Explorer ($20,490) and the Yamaha Super Tenere ($21,999). In fact, itís even cheaper than the newly updated Kawasaki Versys 1000 which retails for AUD $15,999.
JustPlainBill0 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 05:11 PM
Dex

The conversion gives you an idea of the US price, but it isn't totally correct. They don't just convert the price. Good to find as a ballpark though.
JustPlainBill0 likes this.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
The conversion gives you an idea of the US price, but it isn't totally correct. They don't just convert the price. Good to find as a ballpark though.
Exactly Dex, because shipping, tariffs, taxes and other import fees vary between countries, the best way to get from the known cost of a given model in one country to the unknown cost of that same model in another country, is to compare known prices of other models in both countries and use the percentage difference to calculate the unknown price.

This: http://www.therideadvice.com/pricing...-in-australia/ seem to be FullThrottle's source. I don't see how they came to the idea that Honda might bring the base CRF-AT to the U.S.under $10,000 (especially if the U.S. base model has ABS and TC). However, using the total cost of five bikes in Australia shown in the article ($105,080 AUD) and dividing it into the U.S. MSRP total for the same models ($77,300 USD) we find that U.S. dollar prices for those bikes average 73.4% of AU dollar prices. So I simply took 73.4% to the Australia price to get an estimated U.S. price.

(Ideally, you would use only Honda models and compare their AUS and U.S. prices, but this is a quick and dirty estimate. "Close enough for government work", as we used to say.}

Here's the way it looks to me (wasn't able to make a chart):

Base - no ABS PRICE IN AUS $15,500, EST PRICE IN U.S. $11,400
Base with ABS/TC PRICE IN AUS $17,000 EST PRICE IN U.S.$12,500
DCT with ABS/TC PRICE IN AUS $18,000 EST PRICE IN U.S. $13,250

If that's the way is shakes out, and my local Honda dealer will participate in the Costco discount program, I can live with that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

I've only just heard of the Costco discount program this year. How much do you usually save on bikes with them?
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 12:46 PM

Just shy of $13K including the ABS and TC... Thats actually not terrible... They'll sell a million at that price IMO...
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullThrottle View Post
I've only just heard of the Costco discount program this year. How much do you usually save on bikes with them?
Before the CRF-AT was announced, I looked into buying a 2015 Yamaha FJ-09, and used the Costco referral service. MSRP is $10490. No haggle, out the door price $10,500. Sales tax and license were extra but shipping, set-up, doc fees and so on were included. If I recall, the savings was about $1000. So in this case, almost 10%.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

My Costco membership is now one of the most important cards in my wallet. If I were to go to costco, the AT will be around 13k with all of those extra fess included.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 02:26 PM

is that just an included perk of having a costco membership or do you need to sign up for an additional program?
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessuno View Post
is that just an included perk of having a costco membership or do you need to sign up for an additional program?
It's just part of your membership-- but you have to go to www.Costcoauto.com/ to get into it. Once there, enter your zip code, then click the Motorcycle/Motorsports box and then the brand (Honda, Yamaha, etc). That gets you a list of models available for the program. When I first checked, the FJ-09 was not on that list. I returned a few months later and it was and I completed the procedure and got referred to my local Yamaha dealer who contacted me. I had to go in to the store to get the details, but it wasn't a hard sell -- just the facts. I was contacted again by Costco to see if I bought the bike and how satisfied I was with the experience. Again, no pressure.

(I just checked - the CRF1000L is not on the list of Honda models available to buy through the Costco program. I assume it will be next year, but you never know.)
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 04:15 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessuno View Post
Just shy of $13K including the ABS and TC... Thats actually not terrible... They'll sell a million at that price IMO...
Yep I think that will make me one in a million!

2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page