UK 2018 AT Adventure Sport - Page 4 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 17Likes

Old 02-24-2018, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi View Post
Got my AFT 2018 yesterday... utterly love it.

Lucky bugger.
manuelalberto likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricaTwinGuy View Post
Lucky bugger.
The dealer kindly threw in a set of Honda panniers for free..

Last edited by 28033; 02-24-2018 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi View Post
The dealer kindly threw in a set of Honda panniers for free..

Lucky bugger twice. Iíve been wondering if I should get the Honda panniers, can you give me a review of them when you get a chance. I would be very interested. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2018, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Lucky bugger twice. Iíve been wondering if I should get the Honda panniers, can you give me a review of them when you get a chance. I would be very interested. Thanks.
I like them - they seem tough enough to me although I don't go offroad. I like the fact you can use the one key for ignition and panniers, and Honda have a clever system that means you can't take the key out unless the panniers are locked to the bike and locked closed - hence you can't drive off until everything is secure. I can get a helmet in one of the panniers or the top box, and the panniers are not overly wide when fitted.
Two issues though. one retaining strap broke in the topbox lid the first time I opened it in a strong wind. And a more serious problem - the right side pannier now doesn't fit tightly to the bike when clamped up. I'm getting a new one from Honda on Tuesday - but the worrying thing is no-one can see anything wrong, and there are several other reports of this happening.
Mike
AfricaTwinGuy likes this.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Still waiting for the store to deliver them but will soon as they do. First off I think they look neat and suit the bike. They seem a little more sleek and discreet than the Touratech aluminium box panniers I had on my GS. They
were tough and strong but on long camping trips with them being top opening it was a real pain to have to pull everything out if you needed something that was at the bottom of the box. These Honda ones open sideways
like a suitcase so for me this might be more practical. They also clip and lock to the bike without having to add any additional framing which is again very handy. Some people don't like them but I'll see how I get on.

They can't be complete crap as they are not cheap to buy at $675

Old 02-25-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedracer View Post
Jonathan, if you do get the Motoz Tractionator GPS, sure would be nice to know your thoughts, of their on road grip capabilities (wet, dry, as well as noise). Iíve been debating on getting these, but donít want to compromise my road grip, especially in the wet. I love exploring the small minor country roads, which more often than not, are poor surface and often gravel strewn farm roads, but as the majority of my riding is on road, Iím concerned they maybe too much a compromise.

Please keep us posted on the tyres.
FYI Shedracer I got the MOTOZ GPS tyres fitted to my AT as soon as I picked it up from the dealer. So far I think they are brilliant on road and off. Best thing is if you want more grip off road you can turn rear tyre around on rim for more traction. Have had no problems on road with grip and have had it over as far as I am game to. A good 50/50 tyre which should get great mileage.

GET A GRIP........ON REALITY,
Old 04-06-2018, 08:12 PM

Garage
Doing some research, I found that the 2016/17 bikes could adjust the screen brightness, so Iím hoping that Honda have carried this over to the new screen![/QUOTE]

Can you provide a link or direction to where you found the 2016/7 bikes could have screen brightness increased. I find my 2016 DCT hare to see, particularly in sunlight.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4Bear View Post
FYI Shedracer I got the MOTOZ GPS tyres fitted to my AT as soon as I picked it up from the dealer. So far I think they are brilliant on road and off. Best thing is if you want more grip off road you can turn rear tyre around on rim for more traction. Have had no problems on road with grip and have had it over as far as I am game to. A good 50/50 tyre which should get great mileage.
I have had the Motoz Tractionator GPS's for a while now and have done about 3000kms on them. I ride a mix of asphalt road and dirt roads, occasionally deviating off piste for some single track. They have been good tyres but I am not a fan of the front as it is noisey and tends to turn in when riding with a load. The rear is predictable on dirt and pretty good on road. It doesn't tip into a corner as easily as the OEM Dunlop but does allow you to ride with confidence. I am thinking of TKC70's for my next set or maybe a different front from the GPS
Old 04-06-2018, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridenfun View Post
Doing some research, I found that the 2016/17 bikes could adjust the screen brightness, so Iím hoping that Honda have carried this over to the new screen!
Can you provide a link or direction to where you found the 2016/7 bikes could have screen brightness increased. I find my 2016 DCT hare to see, particularly in sunlight.[/QUOTE]

It's in the owners manual. Hold the down select button & set button to get to clock set, after clock set there is the brightness setting which will be o or oo or ooo or oooo or ooooo on the dash, the more o's the brighter. I don't have any trouble reading my dash even in sunlight while looking through 3 layers of plastic (sun visor, normal visor + pinlock visor).
Old 04-07-2018, 06:20 AM

Pushed the button on one today, 3 week wait
Shedracer likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in