Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum - View Single Post - SWEGOTECH Forkshield deflector -- reduce helmet vibrations !!!
View Single Post
post #51 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 10:37 AM
danwray

I was skeptical of this but the price was better than anything that mounts on the windshield, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I had previously just removed the peak from my helmet, but there were still some vibrations and buffeting. When this thing showed up I thought I had just gotten ripped off, it's so simple I was sure there was no way it could make any difference. I have to admit that I was wrong.

I noticed the difference immediately, but I reserved my judgement until I had a chance to open it up on a long stretch of road. The thing this does is simply clean the air up behind the shield. What I mean by that is, before I had to stand up to be in clean air. Once I was in it, the helmet reacted predictably, but without the vibrations or buffeting. After installing this, I noticed that the clean air was simply right at the transition over my head now. I can literally lift my chin and feel my visor scooping the air flowing over my head now, but there is still no buffeting or vibrations. It's pretty amazing to me, you really have to experince it to understand what a difference it makes. I know I sound like an infomercial, but I really just wanted to share that this was a cheap and effective solution to the main problem with aero that I was experiencing. Just make sure you know what you're getting. This does not eliminate the effect of crosswinds, or the disturbed air behind other vehicles. It simply eliminates the problem of dirty air that the bike itself creates behind the screen and makes the transition over the top of the windscreen where it reaches the rider smooth.

In short, if you are having issues with helmet vibrations, I highly recommend that you try this before anything else. I installed this with no other modifications to the stock screen and feel that I will not need anything else regarding this issue.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome