Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Australian Bush Camping

8K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  DoubleThumper 
#1 ·
Hi, have so many nice places around here to explore and camp on the bike.
Always warm and green all year round and perfect country for the AT, maybe it should be called the AUSSIE TWIN.

#4 ·
Love the bush camping and video, not sure about swimming in the rivers up there (crocs)? Hey can you let me know if you can take your plastic side covers off with the sw motec crash bars attached?

#5 ·
Cheers folks..
No crocks in that river so all good, well I was swimming in there and nothing happen :)

More trips planned, but yes it will spend most of its life off road and dirty as that is what I bought it for.

Yes, with the SW Motech crash bars on you can take the plastic covers off.
They are very good quality and so is the massive 5mm B&B bash plate.

#10 ·
Cheers my friend.
Yes the more I ride this thing the more beautiful tracks with swimming and camping I find.
Today's little ride, just had to get out of the house as the rain was driving me nuts.
You may know it.
https://youtu.be/sdneGTEWipM
Arrr! Davies Creek Rd, know it well.
Mareeba was my home town, so Davies Ck to Lake Tinaroo via the back roads was one of my regular practice/play grounds.
Thanks for the memories Rotorpix:)

#9 ·
Nice one! Haven't had a VB for a long long time. Looks like great country to explore on a bike. I've only been on the road/car through the middle (Uluru) and back across to the east coast.

#11 ·
Cool to hear Denburger.
Yes so many places around and out west that's for sure.
Hey that sounds like a good loop, care to show me what road you took?

superfunkomatic Yes Australia is perfect for a bike like this.
Up north here you can ride all year round.
I plan to travel all over AUS on as many dirt roads as I can.

Here is a little getaway over the weekend, but gone from VB's to Great Northerns. :)
https://youtu.be/-QTJhcmwlzQ

#12 ·
Cool to hear Denburger.
Yes so many places around and out west that's for sure.
Hey that sounds like a good loop, care to show me what road you took?

Hi Rotorpix, From your latest vid looks like you enjoy riding off the beaten track.
So if you ride up Davies Ck Road just keep going, there was 2 ways up to Tinaroo, an "A Track" and a "B Track" either one will take you to Tinaroo.
Just follow the main path, I used to ride my TT600 up there no problems (except in the wet as it could get a bit slippery)
Check it out on GOOGLE MAPS, you will see the tracks. Enjoy :)
Check out the places I ride down here Brisbane way, on my Thread " Pics Where you Ride"
And If your ever down this way, look us up and we'll take you on some fun rides.

#13 ·
Nice.

Now that the rain has finally stopped down here in NSW I'm looking forward to getting out again over the next few days. Hopefully it's dry enough to kick up some dust before knocking back a few Tooheys. Hoping to ride out to the Flinders Ranges later this year before it gets hot again. Would also like to make a run up to FNQ via Cobar, Bourke, Cunamulla and Barcaldine sometime. Love my AT.

#15 ·
Denburger, I followed Davis Creek road to the end and got to a little bridge.
It looked like the road ended there?
Will check it out again to make sure as that would be a great ride to the lake then down the Gilles.
I will search out your thread.

Derek Dust, think you have sent the rain up here, been at it for days now.
Its great how the bike can cruise the hways easy but can take you into the real bush riding still.
Smaller bikes struggle on the open road loaded up kind of thing.
Perfect machine for AUS.

4500km now and the oil level has not moved.

Daffy67, What a job...Cape York full of all kinds of things, they are actually looking for the Tasmania Tiger up there now after some sightings?
Yes I am there too, are you Daffy there too?

#16 ·
Hi I am heading up that way mid june plan to go all the way to the cape. I enjoyed your vids and glad to hear the tractionators work well as I plan to fit a set in Cairns for the interesting bit. 4 bikes bmw 650 ,800 tiger my A T and a 1200 gs so a good range of bikes will be interesting to see which handles it the best. Weather wise It maybe a bit early but a lot less traffic . will post some vids of the trip when I get back , hanging out to get going counting down the days . Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.