Engine Sputtering On New AT - Page 2 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 3Likes

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 02:41 AM

Have the manual have complained to honda they have reset ecm but still there fitted a booster plug still there so waiting more info next week from honda will post if any fix comes through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 01:03 AM

Was wondering Simon if you ever got the hick-up worked out. My 2018 Adventure Sport has done this from the very beginning and the dealer has logged it into my records but have not located it yet. I can watch the tach drop about 2 to 300 rpm's when it happens. It only occurs in 2 situations, at low speed when I go to accelerate, like in a intersection and when it's cold like in the mornings first start up. This has never happened while I'm driving at speeds and accelerating. Any information would be helpful.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadude View Post
Was wondering Simon if you ever got the hick-up worked out. My 2018 Adventure Sport has done this from the very beginning and the dealer has logged it into my records but have not located it yet. I can watch the tach drop about 2 to 300 rpm's when it happens. It only occurs in 2 situations, at low speed when I go to accelerate, like in a intersection and when it's cold like in the mornings first start up. This has never happened while I'm driving at speeds and accelerating. Any information would be helpful.
My experience exactly. My dealer that sold it to me also owned an AT and said it is normal, but I've always questioned it. I don't worry since it goes away after a short idle, but I've never seen it on another fuel injected vehicle before.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 10:08 PM

Hey Tequila, I read in one of the posts that changing from premium fuel to regular might help the problem. Reason given was that Honda built the bike to run on 86 or higher octane and using premium messes with the computer that's programed to the quicker combustion that regular provides. The AT has a compression rate of 10 to 1 which to me says high octane fuel but the manual calls for 86 or higher. Others have switched and not only did the missing stop but their mpg increased signifyingly. So, I just topped my tank off at 1790 miles and will run regular through it and listen for pre-ignition (pings) and see what happens.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 07:43 AM

Hey Delta. That was my conclusion as well. I was surprised as it is Honda and it is a big engine, but the manual says what the manual says.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 01:24 AM

Quick update, topped off the half filled tank with regular instead of premium and getting ready to fill the tank again. Seems that the bike is running better and hasn't missed once with the 50/50 mix. I'll be filling it again with regular. Not riding much due to the weather but I'll update again when I get more miles in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page