Another stalling thread - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sundodger

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Another stalling thread

I've read a number of threads relating to stalling issues and thought I'd document my AT's odd behaviour on the chance others have had similar experiences and maybe know what the fix is.
The bike is a 16 DCT but the problem is definitely not DCT related.
The bike gets used daily and approximately once a week I will start it and then shut down after less than a couple of seconds. It always restarts without any problem and hasn't ever stopped a second time.
Ambient temperature doesn't seem to play a part because it has done it in the afternoon when its been 42C and in the evening when it has been 15C.
The bike is going back to the dealer on Monday for the unheated grips to be 'investigated', should I ask them to do an ECU reset? Its such a random fault I doubt that plugging their Jesus box in will reveal anything but if it does I'll post the result.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 01:49 AM

interesting I have a late 2017 , sometimes if start from cold after a few seconds it has what sounds like a misfire on one firing cycle & then it idles stronger after that, I am thinking it might be a ECU update which was done later & of course not revealed by Honda.. blipping the throttle from idle on rare occasions also shows the same type of compensation. I must say my bike does not cut out easy even if I under throttle the bike on pull away it seems to keep going even if it sounds like it is cutting out.. Are there no ECU updates that could be questioned at Honda?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Has anyone else experienced the start then stop after a couple of seconds problem that I'm experiencing with my 2016 DCT? I'm bumping my old post because the problem seems to be getting more frequent, like almost every night.
I start the bike in the afternoon for the run to work and she's fine however when I start her up around midnight for the run home she starts first time, runs for 2 or 3 seconds, seems to misfire and stops. Every so often it will skip over the missed beat and keep running with a slight increase in revs. After the engine stops it always starts first time and never stops twice.
Anyone else experience this? I'm thinking of filming it with my mobile over a few nights so at least I have something to show the dealer, sods law it won't do it after I've ridden it there.
Bless The Rains likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page