Going to SC Project GP65 full system. - Page 6 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 9Likes

post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 03:57 PM

Agreed! gain in one, lose in another.
The cat might or might not go. It's the wild west out here, and we have no yearly inspections to speak of

An old Polish saying: Nie muj cyrk, nie moje malpy! Not my circus, not my monkeys
Ramblings of a muppet: https://thetenerist.wordpress.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 04:51 PM

Been a great read of this thread so far. Based on how annoying the fueling is, I'll likely do the Evo and swap out a complete exhaust at the same time. While I understand the use of a cat, I had one on another bike about set a forest on fire because it was so **** hot. Fortunately I caught it in time before my bike and the forest went up in flames.

So someday when I can sneak the purchases past my wife I'll do the upgrades. Wouldn't ind have a smaller wheel combo as well but keeping it closer to stock and making it tubeless will keep me at saner limits on the street.

Every time I look at this thread I end up going to SC Project's website and looking at this exhaust. I should just stop following it before I buy one of the darned things. That of course triggers the purchase of a Evo or PCV and ultimately this all results in a ticked off wife when the credit card bill comes in...
post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Parke View Post
Full SC Projects titanium system with the Adventure silencer on 2018 ATAS - https://youtu.be/23y6zGURAlA

Install a Rapidbike module to sort out the fuelling.
Is the rapidbike mandatory for this application? I mean, just installing the SC Projects system and a filter like K&N, creates any fuelling issues that need RapidBike or PC to correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 05:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg the Pole View Post
Agreed! gain in one, lose in another.
The cat might or might not go. It's the wild west out here, and we have no yearly inspections to speak of
In the 2016-17 models the CAT produces a large torque hole between 2400 and 4500 RPM (I am picking that's why they went to the duel CAT in the 2018). When you go onto a Dyno its fairly easy to see. The two runs below are with a PC 5 using the stock map supplied with the PC5 and then the next one is with a slight remap we did. Both of these are with the CAT removed. There is an easy 15+% increase from stock mapping with a CAT to a no CAT and a retune. It makes a big difference to the bike between 2kRPM and 5Krpm which is where I would think most people typically ride. This is all with the stock muffler and a Black Widow no CAT pipe, we have not found a muffler that delivers any more power than stock although there are a number that are lighter. This is using stock air filters as well as pre filter socks on the snorkels. The Black Widow headers are 1mm less in Dia than the stock headers, some of the other headers are slightly larger in Dia than stock that might increase power at WOT but take away some of the torque so I stuck with the smaller headers.

Others have mentioned the PC5 does not autotuned, if you want an autotuned on a PC5 they are an option and you can set them to retune to the AFR to your hearts content.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dyno remap of pipe after secondary air supply disable.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	48795  
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 05:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Africagaz View Post
Like i said before iv'e had other bikes with the same bhp as this but were nowhere near as gutless as my AT,there must be something wrong with it.
There may well be something wrong with it. I wouldn't describe the AT as 'gutless'
The power is quoted by Honda as 70 kW (94 hp)@ 7,500 rpm which is quite capable of whisking it along at good pace, on or off road, and out accelerating most cars easily enough when needed. My 2017 DCT certainly does all that.

Before you spend $xxxx on it, and maybe only gain 6HP or so, see if you can get a ride on another AT and note if you feel any difference. It'll give you a good starting point. It might prove that your AT has a problem.

regards
James Mc
Africa Twin Canada eh?

Current: 2017 CRF1000L DCT
Previous: 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050
Previous: 2003 Honda Varadero XL1000V (bought 2003, Sadly left behind in Europe)

Last edited by james.mc; 06-12-2019 at 05:51 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page