powercommander to cure rough low speed fuelling - Page 3 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 05:32 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 20
Well that thread addressed basically nothing for the original post. Eeesh.
mike5100 likes this.
Ultrak2dog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Durham England
Posts: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrak2dog View Post
Well that thread addressed basically nothing for the original post. Eeesh.
That is basically true, but by the sound of it that's because Dynajet (Powercommander) are behind the curve on this one, and have yet to produce modules that will work with the 2018 bike. So no-one has answered my original post probably because no-one has been able to get a powercommander kit. (I am a bit surprised that no-one has tried fitting one to the earlier bikes though)
It's irritating because when insuring my new bike I paid Ģ70 extra in premium for having a powercommander fitted - the insurer is aware that this will only be fitted when it becomes available.
Ghostrider makes some valid comments and I may ask my insurers whether the rapidbikeeasy evo would be covered by my Ģ70 surcharge.
Mike
PS I am loving the way the mid range power is delivered on the 2018 version. And the low revs aren't as bad as they were on my 2017 bike. Who knows maybe I will just put up with it (would hate to screw up the mid range accidentally)
mike5100 is online now  
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 08:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 168
I have contacted both Dynojet and RevZilla and they assure me the power commander 5 is available for 2016-2019 models for both the base and the ATAS.

Part number 16-072

It has been posted in other threads by other users who have purchased the PC5 that the abrupt fuel cutoff is fixed, low speed throttle is made smooth, and the rev range flat spots are removed for a straight, linear response when installing the PC.

The general consensus is that it works. No one seems to have trouble with installation, either. I will be putting my order in soon based on these results.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
TequilaSqueela is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 08:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5100 View Post
That is basically true, but by the sound of it that's because Dynajet (Powercommander) are behind the curve on this one, and have yet to produce modules that will work with the 2018 bike. So no-one has answered my original post probably because no-one has been able to get a powercommander kit. (I am a bit surprised that no-one has tried fitting one to the earlier bikes though)

It's irritating because when insuring my new bike I paid Ģ70 extra in premium for having a powercommander fitted - the insurer is aware that this will only be fitted when it becomes available.

Ghostrider makes some valid comments and I may ask my insurers whether the rapidbikeeasy evo would be covered by my Ģ70 surcharge.

Mike

PS I am loving the way the mid range power is delivered on the 2018 version. And the low revs aren't as bad as they were on my 2017 bike. Who knows maybe I will just put up with it (would hate to screw up the mid range accidentally)
Setting engine braking two 2 and running higher octane has made the bike smoother at low speeds. I don't know if it is all in my head (probably) but my daily commute is into and out of the city in stop and go heavy traffic, so I experience it a lot.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
TequilaSqueela is online now  
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Durham England
Posts: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by TequilaSqueela View Post
Setting engine braking two 2 and running higher octane has made the bike smoother at low speeds. I don't know if it is all in my head (probably) but my daily commute is into and out of the city in stop and go heavy traffic, so I experience it a lot.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
As you say there's a lot of subjectivity about it, but I have found that setting gravel model (least engine power (3) and least engine braking(3)) seems to make things smoother in slow heavy traffic. However if I really want to zing along I switch to user mode which I have set as max engine power (1) and minimum engine braking (3). I have never managed to get TC to kick in on my previous AT nor this new one, so at the moment that setting seems to be irrelevant for my style of riding
Mike
mike5100 is online now  
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:46 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrak2dog View Post
Well that thread addressed basically nothing for the original post. Eeesh.
That is basically true, but by the sound of it that's because Dynajet (Powercommander) are behind the curve on this one, and have yet to produce modules that will work with the 2018 bike. So no-one has answered my original post probably because no-one has been able to get a powercommander kit. (I am a bit surprised that no-one has tried fitting one to the earlier bikes though)
It's irritating because when insuring my new bike I paid Ģ70 extra in premium for having a powercommander fitted - the insurer is aware that this will only be fitted when it becomes available.
Ghostrider makes some valid comments and I may ask my insurers whether the rapidbikeeasy evo would be covered by my Ģ70 surcharge.
Mike
PS I am loving the way the mid range power is delivered on the 2018 version. And the low revs aren't as bad as they were on my 2017 bike. Who knows maybe I will just put up with it (would hate to screw up the mid range accidentally)
I have the 2017 twin with dct. The Honda shop where I live in Ithaca ny, suggested a pc when I told them I’d like a Yoshimura exhaust, and K&N air filter installed. Do these seem like good add ins to you?
Ultrak2dog is offline  
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 01:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Ghostrider.1127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by TequilaSqueela View Post
I have contacted both Dynojet and RevZilla and they assure me the power commander 5 is available for 2016-2019 models for both the base and the ATAS.

Part number 16-072

It has been posted in other threads by other users who have purchased the PC5 that the abrupt fuel cutoff is fixed, low speed throttle is made smooth, and the rev range flat spots are removed for a straight, linear response when installing the PC.

The general consensus is that it works. No one seems to have trouble with installation, either. I will be putting my order in soon based on these results.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Actually for 16-17 models the correct unit is 16-064 and for 18-19 16-072 .
But the problem are the differences between euro and US bikes , so the 16-072 still not working on ride by wire bikes newer bikes .
And thatīs why you cannot buy a PC5 for 18-19 NOT US models at the moment, hopefully they will sort that out soon (but if itīs like the new cb1000r , you will wait years )
mike5100 likes this.

my garage: Honda cbr1000rr 04 - cbr1000rr sp 14 - cbr1000rr sp2 17 - cb1000r 15 - cb1000r+18 - vfr1200f 11 - cre500SM - Goldwing GL1800 2018 -ATAS DCT ES 20 - NC750X DCT 19_- BMW S1000r 18 - Suzuki gsx-s1000 16- gsx-s 1000 19-- gsxr 1000 k2-k5 - Yamaha mt10 16 - mt10 SP 17 - mt09SP 2018 - tracer 900 2017 - aprilia tuono 1100 factory- Zero SR 16 - Kawasaki H2 SXSE 19 - KTM SD 1290 GT 19 ,Few (12) gsx-r sacs 88/92

Last edited by Ghostrider.1127; 04-05-2019 at 01:50 AM.
Ghostrider.1127 is offline  
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Durham England
Posts: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider.1127 View Post
Actually for 16-17 models the correct unit is 16-064 and for 18-19 16-072 .
But the problem are the differences between euro and US bikes , so the 16-072 still not working on ride by wire bikes newer bikes .
And thatīs why you cannot buy a PC5 for 18-19 NOT US models at the moment, hopefully they will sort that out soon (but if itīs like the new cb1000r , you will wait years )
This fits with what Dynajet in the UK are saying to me. And they said two weeks but that was at least a month ago
Mike
mike5100 is online now  
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 08:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider.1127 View Post
Actually for 16-17 models the correct unit is 16-064 and for 18-19 16-072 .

But the problem are the differences between euro and US bikes , so the 16-072 still not working on ride by wire bikes newer bikes .

And thatīs why you cannot buy a PC5 for 18-19 NOT US models at the moment, hopefully they will sort that out soon (but if itīs like the new cb1000r , you will wait years )
Yeah this struck me yesterday- do euro bikes have to pass post sale emissions tests?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
TequilaSqueela is online now  
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 08:57 AM
Member
 
roy826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Brandon MS
Posts: 96
Is the problem solved on US 2017 models using a PCV? I already have the Akrapovic slipon and plan on aftermarket air filters soon simply so I can clean them. I'd like a PCV as well if it is plug and play with a downloadable map. I'm not hauling this thing to a dyno which is 430 miles away. I've read so many posts about error codes and such using the dynojet PCV. I currently have no roughness down low or jerky throttle symptoms. My bike actually runs pretty clean but wouldn't mind a little more HP.

2017 CRF1000 DCT candy apple red
roy826 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DCT low speed manoeuvres Maxply Engine and Technical Discussion 36 09-18-2019 04:35 PM
Low speed poor fuelling BigKev Engine and Technical Discussion 64 03-24-2019 09:28 AM
Full De-Cat System fuelling. Notsomadmax Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin General Discussion Forum 7 02-20-2018 01:10 PM
will ecm reset cure speedo and temp readout problems? mike5100 Electronics 14 01-15-2018 01:03 PM
DCT reset smoothes out low speed jerkiness mike5100 Engine and Technical Discussion 12 08-01-2017 04:22 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome