New Crash Guard form T-REX - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 4Likes

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up New Crash Guard form T-REX

I am Type A in ordering parts for my bikes , need to read all the forums and reviews B4 ordering any thing.
For my VFR I used a T-REX no cut crash guard and this thing is solid and good looking, The only recommended by forum members from all over the world.
For MY 2017 AT DCT I post the question here and received good response from the members and also link to previous posts, still was debating to go with out back Motorteck, AltR, Hepco and B, HEED, Givi, Honda, SW-M or other Chinese made, or Turkish /Czech republic. My decision for skid plate was already firm for B and B from Australia, Dakar version.
in the process of ordering from Outback I realized that they were out or sold out , and I did not want to wait, so I went to eBay to order what ever available and I saw TReX, looked for reviews on the internet , interestingly , no one put any review yet.
I have ordered a set which is really covering the side , front and also DCt and side engine cover, no brainer for me and placed the order.
email notification form UPS states it will be delivered tomorrow , so I am sharing now and will update tomorrow and after installation.
I wonder why no one entered any review so far, Have you heard anything for that ?
Has a lot of places to hook fog light and axillary lights, I am going to place 2 Chinese BMW R1200 GS type for less than $100 pair to the right and left side of crash bars, and a good clearwater DARLA with Yellow cover for front at the place of horizontal below the head lights
with this crash bar covering the DCT cover and left side engine cover B&B Dakar would not fit , so I will go with Other B&B for Africa Twin.
By the way I did my first serious riding yesterday and good enough to learn the DCT behavior, still need to practice U turn .
amazingly this bike is so responsive and fast at S2 and T3 and so responsive and easy to ride at the canyons ,my only issue was horn button, but I will learn.
Ride Safe/Ride long
gvmumbral likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 02:59 AM

i have the Dakar version of the B&B, andi absolutely love them. i did pair them with the Outbak Motortek. i will review them soon.

i love the setup. total protection.

cheers!
[email protected] likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I am Type A in ordering parts for my bikes , need to read all the forums and reviews B4 ordering any thing.

For my VFR I used a T-REX no cut crash guard and this thing is solid and good looking, The only recommended by forum members from all over the world.

For MY 2017 AT DCT I post the question here and received good response from the members and also link to previous posts, still was debating to go with out back Motorteck, AltR, Hepco and B, HEED, Givi, Honda, SW-M or other Chinese made, or Turkish /Czech republic. My decision for skid plate was already firm for B and B from Australia, Dakar version.

in the process of ordering from Outback I realized that they were out or sold out , and I did not want to wait, so I went to eBay to order what ever available and I saw TReX, looked for reviews on the internet , interestingly , no one put any review yet.

I have ordered a set which is really covering the side , front and also DCt and side engine cover, no brainer for me and placed the order.

email notification form UPS states it will be delivered tomorrow , so I am sharing now and will update tomorrow and after installation.

I wonder why no one entered any review so far, Have you heard anything for that ?

Has a lot of places to hook fog light and axillary lights, I am going to place 2 Chinese BMW R1200 GS type for less than $100 pair to the right and left side of crash bars, and a good clearwater DARLA with Yellow cover for front at the place of horizontal below the head lights

with this crash bar covering the DCT cover and left side engine cover B&B Dakar would not fit , so I will go with Other B&B for Africa Twin.

By the way I did my first serious riding yesterday and good enough to learn the DCT behavior, still need to practice U turn .

amazingly this bike is so responsive and fast at S2 and T3 and so responsive and easy to ride at the canyons ,my only issue was horn button, but I will learn.

Ride Safe/Ride long
The horn button is odd. You will absolutely get used to it, but if you ride another bike for more than 10 minutes and come back to the AT you will definitely hit the horn again.

I'm curious about how good the TRex will look. Most of the bars for the AT are fairly ugly.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
[email protected] likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 06:09 PM

Well? Looking at the same thing and interested in your review
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 07:03 PM

Too cheap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuono07 View Post
Well? Looking at the same thing and interested in your review
If it is only $400, that's really cheap for a full set of bars with lots of pieces.
I'd be inclined to ask what they're skimping on, but would be interested to hear any feedback.

https://www.t-rex-racing.com/2016-20...p/n49-17eg.htm
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 12:44 PM

Unless I'm mistaken the Heed bunker full set is a lot less at €235 euros c/w bags. I assumed this was due to labour rates in Poland. I have decided to give them a go.
MildlyInterested likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:35 PM

I had assumed the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayCollington View Post
Unless I'm mistaken the Heed bunker full set is a lot less at €235 euros c/w bags. I assumed this was due to labour rates in Poland. I have decided to give them a go.
I have been looking at the Heed bars closely too, not least because they seem to give decent direct protection to the engine casings. It's all very well saying that the bars will prevent the bike contacting the ground, but one rock in the right place and you've got a big hole in the side, and your trip is over. Fine example here of somebody going down on a (borrowed!) ATAS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S6hwq41Pok&t=16m50s
Not much of an off, but it still holed the casing.

Mentally I'm comparing the Heed bars and skid plate (409 euro) to those of Outback Motortek Max combo (730 euro). Hard to tell what the difference in quality is, if any. OM gets great reviews, but Heed's reviews are OK. Also, it's not clear to me where OM is based. They have a representative in North America but also in Europe. You can buy in euros, sure, and there's an address in the Netherlands, but is that them or just an agent?

Then you get into the whole issue of protection provided vs weight added. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited by MildlyInterested; 05-07-2019 at 02:43 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 11:52 PM

Stay away from T-Rex. They ship quick but do NOT provide any customer service or support. They do not even list replacement costs for their “pucks”. I need to replace one and the guy could not even answer how much! Said I needed to email them, WTF I am on the phone him.

I should have got the Heed unit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page