Why is it so hard ? - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shadowjack

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Why is it so hard ?

Why is it so hard to find a part number for the DCT filter for the ATAS? Or the AS in general, some things are different yet a lot of sites just seem to lump it as one bike.

ďIf necessity is the mother of inventions, then laziness is the baby daddy.Ē A.A.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 01:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Dragon View Post
Why is it so hard to find a part number for the DCT filter for the ATAS? Or the AS in general, some things are different yet a lot of sites just seem to lump it as one bike.
Honda part# is 15412-MGS-D21
You find it on Rocky Mountain ATV MC. They show it on a part schematic.
Parzilla also has it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 05:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks

Yea I did see it too, I guess my point is - quite a few sites just kinda lump the AT with the ATAS. I guessed is seen/noticed this more while looking for lower engine guards. I canít count the times Iíve gone to a site just to find they are for just a AT (and not even a DCT at that).
OK, maybe Iím just nitpicking, but if the part fits your model of AT it should say it does, granted the 2018+ engine is the same in all ATís with just a few extra parts for the DCT... Hereís a good point; since you brought up Rockymoutain if you go there and select parts by model you get two choices 1.) AT. - 2.) AT-DCT. no big deal right? Well suppose you have a ATAS and you want a tank bag, now what, sure it fits a standard AT but will the straps go around the larger tank on the AS? Kinda my point there are subtle differences in the 4 models and sometimes it does make a difference in the part/accessory you want to get..Tho not all places do this I do see listings saying it wonít for the AS model or the DCT model etc. etc. Iím just saying if it fits YOUR model it would be nice to know first hand, not after you get it find out that because of the the bigger tank (AS) or smaller skid plate (AT) or what ever the DIFFERENCE between the 4 models that it wonít fit...

Thatís my .50 cents worth :-)

ďIf necessity is the mother of inventions, then laziness is the baby daddy.Ē A.A.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:08 AM

I go to the big online OEM sellers like Partzilla or Partsfish and look up the number for my exact model, then search for that. Many aftermarket vendors reference those. Partzilla, for one, will show model usage if you have a part number, so you can see what's common to the different models. Only works for OEM parts, of course.
AT-Dragon likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page