Manual gearbox problems - Page 13 - Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum
 18Likes

post #121 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 03:58 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaan Acurol View Post
I guess have same problem. My second gear is shifting very loudly and between 4th and 5th gear have neutral is this relevant with oil type? I don't think so. It mustn't be sensitive bike as called an adventure bike...
Its just got a long throw to change gears, you either need larger feet, bigger boots, lift your feet off the pegs when changing (this depends on if you are sitting or standing or part way through falling off) or get yourself one of the shifter pedals where you can adjust the position of the knobby bit you push with yout boot. If you make that closer to the foot peg the throw will be less and you wont stuff up the changes. I consider my feet normal at size 14 but depending on if I have offroad or road boots on depends on what part of the foot is on the foot peg and that determins how you change gear. 1st to 2nd is slightly clunky going up in gears but its still as smooth as silk compaered to a lot of bikes I ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 04:58 PM

hi doc
I drive a 09 bmw gs 1200 adv but was thinking of adding an at to my stable.did you get your problem solved.
my experience with honda was I bought a new 400 quad with ect same as dct ,it lasted 12 months false neutrals,crashing through gears only saving grace was it had 4 wheels when this was happening.my question is can you get one with manual transmission by that I mean the gear lever on the side of the box is linked straight to the gears and not through an electric gear shift motor
best regards
pat
post #123 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 02:54 AM

To the people pretending this gearbox is fine and smooth, I might advise you to try a Triumph Tiger 800, since my switch to the Brits, I did 3000Km and that is a freaking smooth and flawless gearbox, it's really in another league there's even no need of the slipper clutch to do clutchless downshifts, I've never ever experienced such an enjoyable gearbox before.

The AT is a fine bike with lots of qualities, but the gearbox is not on par with what some other manufacturers do.

Yamaha XJ6 : the one who started it all (sold)
Kawasaki Versys 650 : 1st trail and sportbike predator (sold after accident)
Yamaha FZ8 : sexiest of them all (sold )
Yamaha MT-09 : waking the hooligan in me (sold not to die...)
Africa Twin : taming the hooligan slightly
Fazer 8 : the every day jack of all tades

Last edited by Djairouks; 11-13-2019 at 02:59 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page